User talk:MF-Warburg

From Wikimedia Incubator
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Wasserburg-Mutter Erde fec.jpg



bqi language[edit source]

Hello MF-Warburg,
Could you do what is requested here. I do it at the request of @Mogoeilor:. Thank you in advance--Ghybu (talk) 15:13, 24 January 2017 (UTC)

User:Ghybu: Done. Does it work? --MF-W {a, b} 21:27, 25 January 2017 (UTC)
Yes. Thanks!--Ghybu (talk) 21:32, 25 January 2017 (UTC)

Administrator rights[edit source]

I asked to be given administrator rights and nobody answered. Who has to decide whether to grant them to me? --Katxis (talk) 21:20, 28 January 2017 (UTC)

Bureaucrats like me do. But requests last for 5 days, so that other users can comment, as is indicated on the page. So your request will be dealt with on 30 January. Best regards --MF-W {a, b} 21:25, 28 January 2017 (UTC)
Thanks for your clarification. --Katxis (talk) 21:28, 28 January 2017 (UTC)
I would also like to confirm the time that a Wiki has to stay on Incubator before final approval. I am adding articles every day and I remember that for the Jamaican Patois one the time was two or three months of continuous work. Is that the amount of time? We have already finished traslating all the messages needed so I presume that it is just a matter of time. --Katxis (talk) 21:31, 28 January 2017 (UTC)
The definition is "at least 3 active editors (they can be different each month, but it should continuously be 3) for the course of at least several months", which means at least 3 months (but the committee has some leeway in its decision). --MF-W {a, b} 21:49, 28 January 2017 (UTC)

I'm back[edit source]

I'm still going to have to be on less often for a while than I had been—I can't try my employer's patience too much. I'll probably spend more time here than on other projects, but don't be surprised if I don't react so quickly for a while. StevenJ81 (talk)

Welcome back, I hope all is as well as it can be. You'll be happy to hear that in your absence Langcom woke up and is now handling tons of requests. --MF-W {a, b} 09:39, 31 January 2017 (UTC)
Good to hear that. Thanks.
All is as well as it can be; thanks for asking. On the one hand, Mom wasn't overtly sick as late as mid-November, and the whole thing happened in about seven weeks. So it was sudden, and in that sense I'm still getting a grip on it. On the other, her last few days were uncomfortable and awful, and there was no prospect that if she had lived a bit longer, that would have gotten better. So I'm glad she didn't have to suffer longer than the couple of weeks that she did. (sigh) StevenJ81 (talk) 14:47, 31 January 2017 (UTC)

Bureaucrats gone mad![edit source]

I know ... you've been talking to my therapist, haven't you?

(Of course, you and I know that the "sysop" was really a test-admin, since a bureaucrat here can't de-sysop a regular sysop ... unless the bureaucrat is really you, since you're a steward, and if you've really gone mad, you won't care if you're acting as a steward on your home wiki ...)

Actually, I really do like those case studies you presented. I think they really help the rest of us understand just what goes into that job! StevenJ81 (talk) 22:35, 8 February 2017 (UTC)

Heh. I do these questions because the answers almost always turn out to be very insightful (and the steward who started with them isn't active anymore). Of course, writing them is half of the fun. I'm glad that also others like them!
About the issue at hand, much could be written. I actually didn't think of the sysop in the example as a test-admin, but as a normal sysop. But that's just because the question originally took place on a different wiki whose crats I didn't want to offend. The answer I'd have liked to see from the candidate was primarily "I tell the sysop that he has nothing to fear, as bureaucrats can't remove sysop rights on Incubator". Then any combination of stuff would have earned him bonus points, e.g. about how he should seek the opinion of the whole community about the crat's actions; that an objectively rouge crat might be subject to an emergency removal; that it's unacceptable for crats to promote users to sysops without at least having a discussion that is open for some time; etc. But of course the possible involvement of a test-sysop or an Incubator sysop who for some reason rejected to become a crat (or was rejected to become a crat!) makes for interesting commenting material as well. If I had gone mad and removed sysops via Meta, I should be destewarded. Also something to mention :P --MF-W {a, b} 17:38, 12 February 2017 (UTC)

Kimberley-nia Bot[edit source]

Hi,

does it still work?

Danny B. 09:17, 15 February 2017 (UTC)

No, I switched to using Special:MassDelete (from the gadget). --MF-W {a, b} 12:17, 15 February 2017 (UTC)

A little problem[edit source]

Hi, MF-W. I've been wanting to fix something, on the main page of Nahuatl Wikipedia I can’t fix the width of the page, it is cropped. ¿What it’s wrong with code? I hope you can help me or tell me who can. Regards. --Akapochtli (talk) 13:47, 2 March 2017 (UTC)

Hi, what exactly were you trying to do? What should change? --MF-W {a, b} 05:43, 3 March 2017 (UTC)
I need to adjust the size, you can see the Main Page, how the inferior sections we can't see right, it looks narrower. --Akapochtli (talk) 14:22, 4 March 2017 (UTC)
I am afraid I dont really understand. Maybe you can find better help on m:Tech. --MF-W {a, b} 02:53, 6 March 2017 (UTC)
Finally the main page was fixed. The problem was the display with the browser Chromiun (not Firefox), apparently the repetition of commands produced the error. Here are the changes I made.[1] [2]. Thank you very much. --Akapochtli (talk) 13:38, 18 March 2017 (UTC)

need help[edit source]

hello can you help us about WP/arq we want to create a new wikipedia

cheers--Bachounda (talk) 20:44, 8 March 2017 (UTC)

TLH[edit source]

  • I don't know how to use {{ping}} here, so just crossposting from "talk:wp/tlh" here, since you seem to be involved. Nicole Sharp (talk) 06:37, 26 March 2017 (UTC)
    • Ideally, I would like to see additional fictional languages added as well. This can be done using either ISO 639-3 "mis-" or the qaa through qtz ISO 639-3 codes reserved for local use (e.g. "mis-navi" or "qna" for Na'vi). As far as I know, Klingon is the only fictional language officially included in the ISO 639-3 standard. Nicole Sharp (talk) 06:37, 26 March 2017 (UTC)
(talk page stalker) Responding at Talk:Wp/tlh. StevenJ81 (talk) 01:18, 27 March 2017 (UTC)

Lolcat wikipedia[edit source]

I don't understand why you deleted this wikipedia. Lolcat is a full-fledged language, from my POV. --Numberguy6 (talk) 22:11, 8 April 2017 (UTC)

It isn't. However, for simplicity's sake, I'll simply say: It doesn't have an ISO 639-3 code. --MF-W {a, b} 07:59, 9 April 2017 (UTC)

Font issue[edit source]

@MF-Warburg: sir here in Khowar Wikipedia we are facing a font issue, how can i change the Alvi Nastaleeq font to Microsoft Uighur font or Scheherazade font[3], the special characters i.e. ݯ ݮ ݱ ݰ څ ځ are not visible in Alvi Nastaleeq font, please guide and help me to change the font from Alvi Nastaleeq to Microsoft Uighur font or Scheherazade font- Regards --Rehmat Aziz Chitrali Linguist 11:00, 18 April 2017 (UTC)

@Rachitrali: MF-W can certainly answer for himself. But I have mentioned to you previously that only fonts available under free licenses can be used as default fonts in WMF projects. I'm nearly positive that the Microsoft Uighur font would not be under a free license, and I don't know about the Scheherezade font. StevenJ81 (talk) 15:22, 19 April 2017 (UTC)

administrator in Doteli Wikipedia[edit source]

please I have made thee administrator in Doteli Wikipedia. Because there is very bad editing to Doteli wiki.[4] Flag of Nepal.svgRamesh S.Bohara(✉✉) 17:02, 26 April 2017 (UTC)

What do you mean? Do you want to become an admin on dty.wikipedia.org? --MF-W {a, b} 12:12, 27 April 2017 (UTC)

Thank You[edit source]

Thank you for all the special things you do for Doteli wiki. Hats up for your great work!

  • Congratulations!

--Janak Bhatta (talk) 16:47, 27 April 2017 (UTC) & Doteli Wikimedians family

Rachitrali[edit source]

User:Rachitrali is sockpuppetor using different accounts. He already blocked in English wikipedia and according to wikipedia policy sockpuppetor can not use wikipedia for vandalise. Please remove his admin acess on Incubator (202.69.15.92 02:55, 8 May 2017 (UTC)).

MF-W, since this IP addressed you—and because you have more experience, both here and as a steward, I will let you make the call on this. If you want my opinion, though, I would not remove his test administrator (not administrator) access. I think he's paid a steep price already, his participation is critical to this test, and there has never been evidence that he has abused those tools here.
It may be, of course, that we should put a de-sysop question to the Khowar Wikipedia community; perhaps Satdeep could help us write it in Urdu along with English, and to place it in the right location in the Khowar test. But given that Rachitrali is the leader of the team, I think the team is unlikely to wish to desysop him, so this might just be a waste of time. StevenJ81 (talk) 14:48, 8 May 2017 (UTC)

@StevenJ81: @MF-Warburg: Dear sir, Your kind attention is drawn that a group of vandals and fake user i.e. User:Rehmat Aziz Chitrali created a rubbish article about me in English Wiki namely [5] to defame me before the LagCom and Wiki community and illegally used my name to defame me before the LangCom, Wiki Admins. Please see his rubbish and defaming article about me here [6] he is posing himself as Rehmat Aziz Chitrali, please check is IP and my IP, his contributions, and my contributions, his activity and my activity, his email and my email and his edit times, I am unable to locate his present residence and location. Can anybody help me to locate his whereabouts? please see his rubbish user talk page here [7] please check his IP address by Check User or Clerk as he is vandalizing Wikipedia, creating rubbish articles.

It is pertinent to mention here that my IP has been blocked, My User page i.e. User:Rachitrali has also been blocked, I am using my personal User ID i.e. User:Rachitrali, I have no concern with the User:Rehmat Aziz Chitrali this is fake ID to defame me before the LangCom. I request the Syosps, Admin other wikipedians who are using the CU, please check my activity, My contributions and My User:Rachitrali and compare with this fake User i.e. User:Rehmat Aziz Chitrali. I solemnly affirm and state that this fake ID is not related to me. I request the Admn and Syosps to give me the whereabouts the Fake ID users, vandals and sock puppets.

Your kind attention is also drawn that there are many vandals and sock puppets are working against me and using my personal name like this User:Rehmat Aziz Chitrali (Fake ID) by [8] a sock puppet blocked in enwiki he is also using the name of Prime minister of Pakitan i.e.[User:Mian Muhammad Nawaz Sharif] he is also using the fake ID of [User:Thomas.W2] [User:Daud khan 2], [User:Farhad Uddin] [User:Nisardrosh] [User:Chitralwiki] [User:Sikander Adam]and many dignitaries of Pakistan and Global community, a complete list of his accounts can be seen here [9]. He is one of the enemy of Khowar language wikipedia.

I want to clear here that my account in enwiki has already been blocked, my user page User:Rachitrali has also been blocked, my user talk page has also been blocked, i am unable to edit and create account. Please check this fake ID User:Rehmat Aziz Chitrali, this is totally fake. I request the sysops, admins, bureaucrats to check this fake ID by Check user as this fake ID is not related to me.concern with the other IDs, please convey my message in wiki as you know that I have been blocked.

I request @StevenJ81: and @MF-Warburg: both of my respectable brothers to please remove the fake User ID namely User:Rehmat Aziz Chitrali who is defaming me before langCom, he is destroying my good name, please see his vandalism and sock puppetry here [10] Please assign this task to Check user or Steward to check the IP and give his comments, I checked that he is to Najaf ali bhayo.

As you know that I am helping Wiki by localizing contents from English to Khowar Language, Translation from English to Khowar language, Translating Modules into Khowar languages, cleaning up the articles. An In Shah Allah I'll contribute to this wiki project regrading localization of Pakistani languages and creation of wikis in the languages of Pakistan.

My services as Test Admn has already been revoked from Test Admn to Temporary Test Admin and temporary translator I am not administrator here . If any sock puppet like Najaf ali bhayi suggesting for removal my temporary test admin ship please check his activity and credibility, he is using fake accounts like User:Mian Muhammad Nawaz Sharif and many other dignitaries of Pakistan to defame them[11].Mr. MF-Warburg why this IP (202.69.15.92 is not using his real name? Because he is the sock puppet as confirmed here [12] sir since the inception of Khowar Wikipedia Incubator project he is trying to vandalise khowar wikipedia and as a test admin many time I have blocked this [13] please see his other vandalism here [14], he deleted this khowar wiki here [15], this [16]again deleted this [17] deleted Khowar wikipedia and insterted Arina wikipedia [18], please see his global account details here [19] please check this [20] this [21]. Regards.--RAChitrali 06:15, 9 May 2017 (UTC)

Sir, the sock puppet, fake user and blocked user has recently posted unblock request on my behalf here [22] please help me and give me the IP address or whereabouts of fake ID user, as you know that i have already been blocked and i am unable to edit wiki and this fake User:Rehmat Aziz Chitrali using my name to defame me, please do the needful. thanks --RAChitrali 07:41, 9 May 2017 (UTC)
Please go try fool someone else with nonsense claims like "I was already demoted from test-admin to temporary test-admin and temporary translator". I am wondering why I didn't block you along with all your sockpuppets. --MF-W {a, b} 09:01, 9 May 2017 (UTC)
@MF-Warburg: I am extremely sorry and apologize for misunderstanding regarding my test adminship for incubator, please see this change [23] my admin rights from test admin to test admin(temporary) has been changed by someone. Please again accept my apologize and sorry for inconvenience, i'll be careful in future. God Bless you.--RAChitrali 12:55, 9 May 2017 (UTC)
@MF-Warburg, Rachitrali: I'm afraid the confusion about "temporary" comes from me. Once the MediaWiki software started allowing us to put expiration dates on user rights changes, I went through the list of test-administrators and put in everyone's expiration dates. But, of course, all test-admin rights have always been temporary—they have always had a one-year expiration period. It's just that we can actually put that in the software now. So there was no "demotion"—but I can see why it looked that way. StevenJ81 (talk) 13:09, 9 May 2017 (UTC)

Piedmontese bible[edit source]

Hi, I imported the Piedmontese bible to oldwikisource. Are you still able to run the deletion script so all pages prefixed "Wb/pms/Intrada/La Bibia piemontèisa" are gone soon? :) --OWTB (talk) 11:51, 28 May 2017 (UTC)

Yes, done! --MF-W {a, b} 14:11, 28 May 2017 (UTC)
Great, thanks! :) --OWTB (talk) 14:22, 28 May 2017 (UTC)

Khowar WP[edit source]

Hi MF-Warburg, I'm writing to bring to your attention towards self promotional autobio pages here in the Incubator, created by the subject User:Rachitrali who has been indef blocked on English WP for socking and self promotion. A quick search gives me the following list. could you please speedy delete them since they don't meet WP's notability criteria. --Saqib (talk) 06:20, 29 May 2017 (UTC)

User:Saqib: All these pages are deleted now (some by Rachitrali himself). --MF-W {a, b} 02:29, 13 June 2017 (UTC)

Do you have oversight on new projects?[edit source]

Over at w:kbp: we already have not only vandalism but vandalism that links to a notoriously bad malware site: https://kbp.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sp%C3%A9cial:Contributions/37.35.148.60 Please oversight to remove these links just in case anyone could come across them in page histories. —Justin (koavf)TCM 22:01, 23 June 2017 (UTC)

Importing to nl.wn[edit source]

(reaction at your question on phabricator) I personally would recommend to delete all the pages instead of clearing out the entire wiki (so don't reset), mainly as this way, the deleted versions will be kept in the archive, so no edit history will be lost. --OWTB (talk) 13:09, 24 June 2017 (UTC)

Ok. Thanks for reacting! On the other hand, all the old pages will be exported from here to there again, so in the end some pages would have a each revision twice. --MF-W {a, b} 15:46, 25 June 2017 (UTC)

Dear MF-Warburg and Urbanecm, I have read that the reopening may be at Wednesday. Now I have planned to work on the preparation on Monday and Tuesday. In order to avoid that I'm doing work in vane, I would like to be sure that I can continue to work on it. In fact I have taken free from work these two days to make it a good presentation at the reopening. So therefore my question: can I work on the project on Monday and Tuesday (Central European Time)?

I have another question too, because I didn't succeed to deal with a MetaWiki problem. Does one of you have the knowledge to resolve this problem?

Best regards and thank you for making the reopening possible! Ymnes (talk) 18:44, 2 July 2017 (UTC)

Yes, you can continue. Editing will be made impossible here technically once the wiki is reopened. Only after that I will export pages. I don't know anything about the second problem, sorry. --MF-W {a, b} 18:57, 2 July 2017 (UTC)
Thank you for your response. Than I have not taken free from work in vane :-) Ymnes (talk) 19:05, 2 July 2017 (UTC)

I have one more question, however I am not sure if you do the export. As a matter of fact I misspelled some Wikipedia links rather often. For example with a link to bread I linked [[:nl:Bread|bread]] in stead of [[:w:nl:Bread|bread]] Is it possible to correct this error during the import? I wouldn't know how to correct them all manually... :-$ Ymnes (talk) 19:50, 2 July 2017 (UTC)

Sorry, we don't do that, it would falsify the page histories. However you can surely find a bot owner who will run a bot to fix that. --MF-W {a, b} 19:52, 2 July 2017 (UTC)
OK, no problem, we'll fix that later. Ymnes (talk) 19:56, 2 July 2017 (UTC)
Dear MF-Warburg and Urbanecm, just a little question. Can the reopening be done (very) early in the morning and can we have a message in our Village Pump? Ymnes (talk) 20:55, 3 July 2017 (UTC)

Dear MF-Warburg, thank you for importing and reopening nl.wikinews.org (and for the temporary adminship to be able to effectuate things). There are some things left of which I don't know who to ask. So I would like to ask them here and you may have advice.

  1. I don't have much knowledge of MediaWiki. Are there particular tasks that I should do there?
  2. As you can see at the main page, the feeds are all empy, like the Nieuwsfeed (I will recover some others right away). But also the categories are empty. Is it possible to give a purge for the whole thing, so that everything is filled again? We got some explanation here
  3. There are many remaining links starting with "Wn/nl". A good example is Main Page talk and the village pump. Is it possible to repair those links too for the thousands of pages?

Best regards, Ymnes (talk) 16:07, 6 July 2017 (UTC)

  1. No, there is nothing that absolutely needs to be done. But you can look at e.g. the deleted versions of nl:n:MediaWiki:Sidebar to see how to add useful links ther, if the community wants them.
  2. I already filed phabricator:T169881 about it. The script mentioned there will be run on the server, then this problem should be solved.
  3. Oh sorry, it seems like I forgot to remove the prefix from links to templates and categories. These would best be repaired by bot, e.g. using en:Wikipedia:AutoWikiBrowser. --MF-W {a, b} 16:14, 6 July 2017 (UTC)
We will have to investigate a lot, because many things are new. A question on the AutoWikiBrowser. Are you familiar with it and is it easy for you to do it for us? Ymnes (talk) 16:30, 6 July 2017 (UTC)
I am doing it now (using pywikibot however, but that doesn't matter for the end result ;)). --MF-W {a, b} 20:33, 6 July 2017 (UTC)
Thank you for your help! One thing we're missing is the tab with Gadgets/Helferlein/Uitbreidingen (Special:Preferences#mw-prefsection-gadgets). Can I add them or should it be done by for instance you? Ymnes (talk) 15:45, 7 July 2017 (UTC)
You can do that. See mw:Gadgets#Usage for how to enable them. --MF-W {a, b} 17:39, 7 July 2017 (UTC)
Thanks again! Can I ask three more questions?
  • Is one of these two pictures all right to use? They say 'wikinieuws' (in Dutch).
  • How do I import an article from another project? Is this operational yet?
  • The visual editor doesn't work (not with me and neither with LiveNieuws). Do you know how this can be repaired?
Ymnes (talk) 10:47, 8 July 2017 (UTC)
Also the 2017 wikitext editor does not work. Livenws (talk) 15:38, 8 July 2017 (UTC)
1: If they are on Commons, surely they are under a free license, so can be used. - 2: Import sources need to be defined first. The way to get this done is to have a community discussion/decision about which wikis should be set as import sources, and then to request them on phabricator. - 3: I reported it on phabricator. --MF-W {a, b} 18:51, 8 July 2017 (UTC)
I have some more questions:
  1. About those two images of Wikinieuws: can I change this myself (if yes, than how?) or can you do this for us?
  2. We have had the discussion yet that we wanted to import. At this moment imports can be expected from both Wikipedia and Wikinews (languages: nl, en, simple, fr, de, es, it). Can I ask you for this or should I go to a certain place to apply for it?
  3. In preferences I have chosen for the time CEST (Central European Summer Time). My watchlist is obeying this, but when I save a message on a talk page, it saves in the UTC time (two hours earlier). This is the same with another user. Can all times be set to CEST?
Thank you for your help again! Ymnes (talk) 16:08, 10 July 2017 (UTC)
1. Do you mean you want to use one of them as the logo of the wiki? To change the logo, please make a request on Phabricator. - 2. As I said, that must be requested on Phabricator. I can do that, but so can you. - 3. The wiki's time zone can be changed - if you request it on Phabricator ;-) Here you can create a new request there. One comprehensive request for all these configuration changes is ok, I think. --MF-W {a, b} 18:47, 10 July 2017 (UTC)
It would be very friendly if you could request that for us on the phabricator. I have never been there and I don't speak that language. I'm not a programmer... helàs. Could I ask this please? Ymnes (talk) 15:49, 11 July 2017 (UTC)
Please tell me then which file exactly should be set as the logo. Also, please give me the link to the community discussion about it (which will be needed). --MF-W {a, b} 00:06, 14 July 2017 (UTC)
Hi MF-Warburg, the logo is located on commons [24], the discussion in the community about the new logo is located (sorry in Dutch) here [25]. The request about the logo is mentioned in the text [26] (above in the hided area, "An additional request is to rename Wikinews in Dutch to 'Wikinieuws', the Dutch translation of the name and to purchase the domains wikinieuws.nl and wikinieuws.be redirecting to this Wiki"). Huhbakker (talk) 20:25, 17 July 2017 (UTC)
I created phabricator:T170984 for the logo and phabricator:T170985 for the timezone. Please follow these bugs if additional info is needed. By the way, the request to purchase domain names should be directed to the Wikimedia Foundation or Wikimedia Netherlands and Wikimedia Belgium. We lowly admins can't do that. --MF-W {a, b} 20:27, 18 July 2017 (UTC)
Thank you for your help Huhbakker (talk) 21:39, 18 July 2017 (UTC)

Current status of non-Wikipedia tests[edit source]

Project All tests Active tests Sufficient activity Approved
Wikibooks 70 19 27%
Wikinews 82 30 37%
Wikiquote 66 21 32%
Wikivoyage 86 35 41%
Wiktionary 193 92 48% Saraiki MinangkabauTacawit
Subtotal 497 197 40% 1 2
Wikipedia 512 237 46% AtayalBakhtiariCoptic
DarjaKotavaKumyk
MontenegrinSaraikiTamazight
Sakizaya
Guianan Creole
Total 1009 434 43% 9 4
See also: Active tests on Multilingual Wikisource
States of Wikiversities


11 December 2019[edit source]

Project All tests Active tests Almost ready Approved
Wikibooks 66 27 41% Bashkir
Wikinews 85 42 49% Dutch
Wikiquote 63 28 44%
Wikivoyage 87 55 63% Hindi
Wiktionary 176 106 60% Fiji Hindi
Subtotal 477 258 54% 3 1
Wikipedia 522 301 58% Algerian Arabic
Gorontalo
Ingush
Elefen
Atayal
Dinka
Total 999 559 56% 8 2

I've finished going through all the non-Wikipedia test projects. See at right. I did this all manually, as you know, so I don't guarantee that I didn't miss something here or there. But I can tell you this:

  • The 487 tests shown here represent about 47.5% of all tests with one or more valid content pages on Incubator.
  • The "Active tests" column is evaluated pretty generously. Any test that had any content addition by a named user since the beginning of 2016 is included there, and so is any test that has at least 25 mainspace pages (even if there has been no content addition since the beginning of 2016).
  • As you see, only three tests actually meet the activity threshold right now. Wy/hi is already marked for content review. Wb/ba is ready for that, and I'd ask you to go ahead and start that up. With respect to Wt/hif, I put a note on the talk page of the TA to make sure s/he thinks the test is ready for review, and haven't yet received an answer. But at a first glance I think it probably is. Of course, I make no warranty about the quality of any of the material.
    Perhaps another 6–8 tests had a period in the past where they had met the activity threshold, but no longer do. (Why the tests weren't approved at the time I don't know.) And there is one Wiktionary test (Waray) that has over 10,000 mainspace pages in it—but is nearly all the work of one user (JinJian} and has never met the activity threshold.

Once I've heard back from Wt/hif and/or you've put it in for content review, I'll post a version of this analysis to I:CP. StevenJ81 (talk) 20:15, 19 July 2017 (UTC)

Thank you for doing this. I have now proposed the approval of Wb/ba in Langcom. --MF-W {a, b} 21:48, 20 July 2017 (UTC)
Thanks. StevenJ81 (talk) 21:54, 20 July 2017 (UTC)
I just wanted to write that it seems like you have the impression that the content of the mentioned tests should be verified before they can be approved, and that this is actually not the case. Verification of the content is only done for the first project in a language. Then I noticed that nothing explicit is written about the verification in the language proposal policy (only "if [...] a detailed investigation finds no unresolved problems" ...). I probably knew that before but forgot it. I have however been spreading the claim that the content is verified only for the first project of a given language since 2012, as that is also the practice ;-) (In theory Langcom could also decide to skip it also for the first project or to do it for others than the first one. I suppose the logic behind this practice (which existed before me) is that the community of a Wikipedia would notice and complain if a test-project on Incubator is faking to be in their language.)
By the way, what does it mean that the 487 tests represent about 47.5% of all tests with one or more valid content pages on Incubator? That the other 52.5% of such tests are Wikipedia tests? --MF-W {a, b} 23:12, 20 July 2017 (UTC)
I had assumed there was always a content review. I guess I'm wrong about that. (;-) The logic you laid out there makes sense overall. At the same time, I wonder if it would be worthwhile having a sysop or two from the corresponding Wikipedia just have a brief look for reassurance. (And do we not worry about too many stubs when it's not a Wikipedia?)
Yes, the other 52.5% of such tests are Wikipedia tests. StevenJ81 (talk) 02:21, 21 July 2017 (UTC)
In many cases, the "extra" projects are worked on by users who are also active on the respective Wikipedias. Though, it would be good to post a notice on the local wikipedias when a new project as about to be created, even if it's just to let them know and maybe get more people involved, so the projects don't become inactive after their creation. --OWTB (talk) 10:32, 21 July 2017 (UTC)
I agree with both of you. And we should always worry about too many stubs, because usually nobody else does :p For Wb/ba, I also checked a random selection of pages to get an impression of the quality and trust that the involvement of bawiki bureaucrat Comp1089 means they use Bashkir at all. I am also planning to finally remember to implement that part of the language proposal policy which says that “the community“ will be informed before an approval and be given one week to raise objections. I was thinking about Talk:Langcom which nobody reads, but will also think of relevant local “village pumps“. I previously always forgot this, but it should prevent more debacles like currently with hi.wikiversity. --MF-W {a, b} 14:31, 21 July 2017 (UTC)
In that case, I'd say pull the trigger on Fiji Hindi Wiktionary (Wt/hif), too, with all the appropriate notices. (I haven't heard back from that group yet, but by surface appearances it looks ready.) StevenJ81 (talk) 14:39, 21 July 2017 (UTC)
The stub thing is something I am very aware of. When the Wp/lfn community imported the pages from the LFN wiki, it became apparent that the quality was "rather low" to put it softly. After I raised this issue, the community has started improving the quality of the pages by expanding them or deleting them (User:Katxis). So, I think this is very important to be noted, also by the LangCom. --OWTB (talk) 13:19, 27 July 2017 (UTC)
User:Katxis has been very focused on this issue; we discuss it here, at Ladino Wikipedia, and on email. StevenJ81 (talk) 13:52, 27 July 2017 (UTC)

Update with Wikipedia tests[edit source]

This is now complete. (Oddly, the total number of subcategories in Category:Incubator:All test wikis is 1,063, but when you page through the category, it only shows 999.) I did this manually, so I can't promise I made no mistakes. But I think this gives a good idea of what we have here now.

  • In particular, I'm quite sure that these eight projects are the only ones currently meeting the 3 months × 3 users × 10 users standard. (There are several others that are close, and/or that met the standard in the last year but no longer do. I'd tackle those next.)
  • Of those eight:
    • Two are already in front of LangCom and could be approved by tomorrow (Wb/ba and Wy/hi).
    • One is in content review (Wp/inh).
    • One more is a second project in a language (Wt/hif), and I think you can put that to LangCom for approval right now.
    • The other four are trickier, and I don't entirely know what constitutes "too 'stub'-by". I think that Wp/lfn is actually in very good shape, though we know that one or two people in LangCom may give it trouble as an auxiliary language. On the surface, I think Wp/gon looks pretty good now, too. I can't quite tell if Wp/arq and Wp/tay have too many stubs or not. (And note that Wp/arq went quiet this month; it's mostly being run out of l'Université Hassiba Benbouali de Chlef, and I presume they are on break now.)

I would add: about 45% of the tests here—and remember that I have deleted a lot of tests with no valid content—are neither substantial (do not have 25 mainspace pages) nor active (no content addition since 1/1/2016). StevenJ81 (talk) 20:13, 27 July 2017 (UTC)

I think you mean Wp/gor instead of "gon" :) --OWTB (talk) 11:40, 28 July 2017 (UTC)
Um...yup. (Sheepish "thank you".) StevenJ81 (talk) 13:05, 28 July 2017 (UTC)
See User talk:Bachounda#Preparing for approval. Based on that discussion, I think we're probably looking at this autumn as a time to review the Algerian/Maghrebi/Darja Arabic Wikipedia for approval. StevenJ81 (talk) 13:40, 28 July 2017 (UTC)


Speedy delete[edit source]

Hello there, could you erase my user page? Because I want my global user page to be shown in this project. Best regards, Slade (talk) 01:12, 11 August 2017 (UTC)

Yes check.svg Done StevenJ81 (talk) 02:04, 11 August 2017 (UTC)

Request for import[edit source]

Hello, you can know me as Urbanecm from Phabricator. I'd like you to import w:cs:Wikipedie:Využití mapových podkladů z Mapy.cz to Incubator (Template:U would like to use the page). It is a Czech manual saying how can you create screenshots from mapy.cz and how should you license them. Or do you think we should link to cswp when reffering to that manual? Best, --Martin Urbanec (talk) 18:25, 26 August 2017 (UTC)

Hi! I guess if you don't plan to make Incubator-specific changes to the page (which is probably the case, as files should be uploaded to Commons rather than Incubator), it's better to just refer to the original version. --MF-W {a, b} 00:54, 27 August 2017 (UTC)

Pashto Wikivoyage[edit source]

Hello, can you please tell me that what can we do to Approve pashto Wikivoyage. We created 140 articles and we also editing articles, should we do something more than this??? :)) Khan (talk)

Hi. There needs to be continuous activity by several users (at least 3) over the course of several months. Creating more articles with good content would surely be beneficial. Please also work on continuing the interface translation. --MF-W {a, b} 19:34, 24 September 2017 (UTC)

Thanks and if you can change the wikimedia picture from right to the left it will be helpful: https://incubator.wikimedia.org/wiki/Incubator:Main_Page/ps Khan (talk) 18:20, 25 September 2017 (UTC)

Delete page to complete the renaming process[edit source]

Hello, Can you please delete this page (User talk:مصطفى الاكادورى)? because I wanna complete the usurpation process (i.e I forgot to suppress creation of redirects). Thanks علاء (talk) 12:24, 17 October 2017 (UTC)

Done. --MF-W {a, b} 13:54, 18 October 2017 (UTC)
Thanks علاء (talk) 17:19, 18 October 2017 (UTC)

Administrator for Fiji Hindi Wiktionary[edit source]

Thank you for your support. Since I had been administrator on the test wiki, can I be administrator on the newly created Fiji Hindi Wiktionary? Girmitya (talk) 11:41, 16 November 2017 (UTC)

(tps) @Girmitya: It is possible that MF-Warburg will give you a stint of two weeks or so for any immediate cleanup needs. But if you want a longer term as sysop there, you will need to do the following:
  • Open an RfA discussion on the new wiki. You can either create a new page for it or do it on the Community Portal/​Forum/​Café/​Village Pump page of the wiki. That must run a minimum of seven days.
  • If that discussion is successful—which on a new wiki basically means that there is little objection to your request—then go to m:SRP and ask the stewards to grant you the permission. Provide a link to the discussion on your wiki. For new wikis, the initial term for an administrator is 3–6 months. We'll mention at SRP that you were a test-admin here; frequently, that makes the stewards comfortable enough to start with six months. After that, you must seek renewal from the community. StevenJ81 (talk) 14:37, 16 November 2017 (UTC)

Creation of LFN Wikipedia[edit source]

Thanks for getting that going. Just a note: Once the test is exported, don't pull the test-admin flag of Katxis, as he still acts as test-admin on a couple of other projects. StevenJ81 (talk) 15:56, 22 December 2017 (UTC)

Hei sir[edit source]

We have done as much as possible to first our wiki has been approved, then they said no, so we made More another main space pages, and now is time to get Wikivoyage site, but no one really wants to talk about it, or tell us what happening, like you said Community should be 3 people, first I found 3 people who were here to help me, but they said we think your community will live the project after we make the project, so I'm administrator in Pashto Wikipedia, I used to send messages to people to find big community, so we became 7 people, but we really don't get any answer please approve our wiki if no one worked there, I will request by myself to close the wiki:)) Khan (talk) 05:17, 1 February 2018 (UTC)

Marked for translation?[edit source]

Hi MF-Warburg, I am translating the Main Page to Basque. Still the translation interface misses two or three segments from the second box, so I cannot translate them. Also dates in the News box. Could you fix that? Best regards --Iñaki LL (talk) 23:18, 3 February 2018 (UTC)

LFN Wikipedia[edit source]

Hi! Thank you for all your help regarding LFN Wikipedia. Could you please tell me when we can start editing in the new site (lfn.wikipedia.org)? --Katxis (talk) 17:53, 19 April 2018 (UTC)

Hi. I finished importing now, so you can start. Please inform me if you notice that I missed importing any page or if there are mistakes. --MF-W {a, b} 18:28, 19 April 2018 (UTC)


Babel[edit source]

Hi! I would like to ask you how can we change the templates from Lingua Franca Nova Babel. --Chabi (talk) 16:25, 21 April 2018 (UTC)

LFN Wikipedia[edit source]

Hi! Could you please give me administrator rights in the LFN Wikipedia for a month or so because nobody has those rights and we need to delete pages and make changes that only administrators can do. Thank you in advance --Chabi (talk) 07:23, 9 May 2018 (UTC)

Hi, please make such requests on m:SRP for transparency's sake. --MF-W {a, b} 08:07, 9 May 2018 (UTC)

RTL[edit source]

Hey :) Please add [class^="page-Wt_ary_"], to line 139 in Common.css. The direction should be RTL, a project user reported. Thank you --زكريا (talk) 00:45, 2 August 2018 (UTC)

Problem is that whoever put ary into translatewiki set it up as ary-Latn, and LTR. I'll leave it to you and maybe @Amire80 as to how you want to handle. StevenJ81 (talk) 03:46, 2 August 2018 (UTC)
Hi زكريا,
The best way to do this would be to go over the current translations at translatewiki and update them. A lot of the current translations are written in the Latin alphabet, and some are written in Arabic. If the community wants the Arabic alphabet, that should be done first. Once you're over the threshold, a MessagesAry.php file will be created, and it will include the definition of the language as RTL. --Amir E. Aharoni (talk) 16:22, 20 August 2018 (UTC)

Import Beta to zh wikiversity[edit source]

Hello I am a beta custodianship. I want to assist with the import work. May I grant my custodianship and import permissions? — The preceding unsigned comment was added by Wasami007 (discussioncontribs) 23:41, 7 August 2018 (UTC).

I see this is already being dealt with. --MF-W {a, b} 10:40, 8 August 2018 (UTC)

Import Santali[edit source]

[27]. --OWTB (talk) 10:54, 26 August 2018 (UTC)

Thanks! --MF-W {a, b} 22:34, 26 August 2018 (UTC)

Yue.WT admin[edit source]

Guten Tag, mein Herr.

After all these years, The Cantonese Wiktionary is finally out of the Incubator. Could you tell me how I can apply to be the admin? Danke schön. 【粵語文學大使殘陽孤侠粵維辭典起錨! 23:36, 14 November 2018 (UTC)

Hi! Please wait for the import to be finished first. Afterwards, you can start a Request for Adminship on the new wiki and request the rights to be assigned on m:SRP. I can also give you admin rights for a short time, as you were a test-admin, so that you can start to manage the stuff. --MF-W {a, b} 11:45, 15 November 2018 (UTC)
Will the system automatically import the contents from the Incubator to the Yue.WT? Or does someone need to do this? Also, how long should I wait? 【粵語文學大使殘陽孤侠粵維辭典起錨! 22:29, 16 November 2018 (UTC)
I will start doing it today. If all goes well, I'll be finished today as well, if not: tomorrow (UTC time). --MF-W {a, b} 10:21, 17 November 2018 (UTC)

Guten Tag. I just went to TranslateWiki and tried to modify the link, but my modification triggered the automatic filter and the error message was "Established main page translations cannot be changed directly as it would disrupt wikis using the old translation". What should I do next? 【粵語文學大使殘陽孤侠粵維辭典起錨! 01:07, 19 November 2018 (UTC)

You need to edit it on [28], not TWN. --MF-W {a, b} 01:11, 19 November 2018 (UTC)
Done. Thanks again. 【粵語文學大使殘陽孤侠粵維辭典起錨! 01:28, 19 November 2018 (UTC)

Problems related to the import of Wt/yue[edit source]

Some pages are wrongly imported to another namespace. Would you please help suspend the deletion of the Wt/yue pages on this wiki in order to facilitate a thorough check? Thank you.--Hello903hello (talk請幫手寫粵維新聞 12:47, 19 November 2018 (UTC)

Yes, we won't delete the pages anyway for some months. No hurry. Do you need any help from me? --MF-W {a, b} 16:42, 19 November 2018 (UTC)
We'll make sure it's the last of these new three to be deleted, and I won't do that at all until all three of the following happen: (1) at least one month has passed, (2) a newer project has been created, and (3) I hear from you two that it's safe to delete. StevenJ81 (talk) 03:00, 20 November 2018 (UTC)
Thank you.--Hello903hello (talk請幫手寫粵維新聞 11:08, 21 November 2018 (UTC)

Help[edit source]

Sir would please fix this Module [Module:Wp/khw/Arguments/Documentation] I am searching for source but unable to find, please fix this or let me know some technical person who is expert in module creation, regards --RAChitrali 04:22, 22 January 2019 (UTC)

Hello, I have no knowledge of modules. --MF-W {a, b} 18:30, 22 January 2019 (UTC)
@MF-Warburg: Thanks sir, I am contacting some other Wikipedian to solve the Module error, regards --RAChitrali 07:03, 23 January 2019 (UTC)

Administrator rights grant[edit source]

[Can I grant me the rights to the administrator of the test Wikipedia Minbei? (User:Pindtlzm 2019-2-12 04:23:11, UTC)

You can make a request for them on I:A. --MF-W {a, b} 11:14, 12 February 2019 (UTC)

Wikidata not supporting Incubator projects[edit source]

@MF-Warburg: sir please guide us whether Wikidata supports incubator projects too or not? thanks--RAChitrali 04:29, 20 February 2019 (UTC)

Question[edit source]

Hi, could you kindly respond to this question?. Thank you! Mimihitam (talk) 05:26, 21 April 2019 (UTC)

A new mail[edit source]

I have recently sent a new email. If you see that, please revert this edit (as you wish). Adithyak1997 (talk) 15:02, 24 May 2019 (UTC)

WP Kotava project (avk)[edit source]

Hello.
The Kotava project should be validated. You have seen the vitality and quality and consistency for over one year. Today it has 4918 articles, making it largely the most dynamic of all WP projects developed in the Incubator.
The open debate on September 26 showed no opposition from any LangCom member. Why wait more? Thank you. Axel xadolik (talk) 16:06, 12 November 2019 (UTC)

Where is the status of the project validation process? Thank you. Nevatovol (talk) 13:54, 6 April 2020 (UTC)
I again ask you some information. Thank you. Nevatovol (talk) 07:20, 1 May 2020 (UTC)
@MF-Warburg As you noticed below about another project:
We would, of course, need at least three active editors in order to be able to consider approval. --MF-W {a, b} 21:50, 8 May 2020 (UTC)
Ludeem gan Kotava mali jontik aksat manton zo kotaskir. Va tokcoba ta tuwinugara kec ? Pu soe mwedafa erura meviele dulzel, pu dolucacka. Tokdume bat abdumimaks zo kovexalajar ? Gan win ? Gan esperantoavusik ? Toklize sulesa miltekuca is tarkara va winafa efaya tigid ? Va tanoya dusiva deac dume vewac ! Flioton al disuké, koe winafa neda, icle sanoy tacedik tid, i bewik meviele maltegiyis den bat debak. Ina nuve co tir teco "politburo", ton goraks meviele divon golen. Toktan tir Vicinski, toktan tir Berya, toktan tir Suslov, toktan tir Jdanov ? Jinafa dolunera va metan fu kicesid. Dye va intaf ludeem tarkackac ise va duganya ke kobaveks kagrupec !! Isen ede pu jin me djudulzel, pune ar webesik tid, i webesik tegipis loon dam jin dene bat abdumimaks is riwes va arcoba dam winafa amlitara. Zo grewal.
(The criteria are widely done by Kotava for many months. What are you waiting for to validate? You never answer to legitimate requests, or simple politeness. Why is this project blacklisted? By you? By the Esperantists? Where is the fairness of treatment and respect for your own charter ? Give one single argument why you refuse! I've taken a quick look, in your committee there are at least ten ghosts, members who have never made a single edit in this space. It's like a kind of politburo, with secret decisions never conveyed outside. Who is Wyschinsky, who is Beria, who is Suslow, who is Schdanow ? My comparisons won't make anyone smile. Just respect your own criteria and recognize the right quality of the work. And if you don't want to answer to me, there are other contributors much more active than me on this project who deserve something more than your silence. Thank you.) Biscuit 26507 (talk) 10:58, 5 June 2020 (UTC)
To be honest, yes, it's not great that in this case it takes forever to get a langcom decision. But honestly, comments like this are no help at all. Insinuations of a conspiracy are hauled forward all the time ("blacklisted", "The Esperantists", "politbüro", "black committee", ...). It puts me in no mood to answer. --MF-W {a, b} 19:16, 7 June 2020 (UTC)
Kottode va rin gu dulzera grewá. To ovopafa da blayak rinon stragan me tid plinafa belira, voxen va swavasok ke webesik warzes va kobaverapa gildal, i va webesik levtrakus da sin va dinen ludeem tarkad ise mali konak aksat meebgason ked neke koe belikafu ansu zo isked... Tire "ebeltafa" pebura nugepoyted. Winafa efaya isu ludeem tid elimaf, diotexa zo pimtackad isen dizvera va vanovara va yon daref abdumimaks va becafa kera gotud. Wakara tir ana joya, denon. Voxen wakara gotir tolkrilafa is fenkuna. Va tok tis zvak pu cin dye kalic ? Gu rinafa dulzera grewá.
(Anyhow, thank you for replying. It's logical that the sentences you noticed are obviously not pleasant to read, but understand the frame of mind of contributors who are doing a lot of work, who feel that they are meeting the criteria that are required, who have been waiting kindly for months without giving up and who are being left in an absolute vacuum... Of course "dark" explanations tend to arise. Your charter and criteria are precise, procedures are described with details and the observation of the approval of previous projects sets reasonable expectings. Dialogue is the best way, it's obvious. But the dialogue must be bilateral and open. Just tell us what the problem is? Thank you for your reply.) Biscuit 26507 (talk) 20:16, 7 June 2020 (UTC)



Let's stop beating around the bush. You don't want the Kotava Project at all. You've been stalling for months, never answering to anyone on the merits. All the requirements have been met by this project for months, there are now almost 10,000 articles (500 new ones already this month) and a lot of quality, and 15 votes for (1 against) in the Request at Meta.
I see on your Langcom list today that you want to validate the Moroccan Arabic Wikipedia project. And not a new line on the Kotava. Let's compare: Wp/ary is a project opened in 2008 but is active only since September 2019; it contains "just" 1450 articles and there is a lot of opposition expressed in its Request at Meta. Personally I don't care, but there is no fairness in the treatment.
You're acting like a real despot, against own rules of your committee. Why are you doing this?
  1. because Kotava is a constructed language and you hate those languages;
  2. because its contributors are shit;
  3. because the majority of its experienced speakers are women (the only case among all constructed languages);
  4. because the majority of its contributors have strong anarchist or feminist or atheist views;
  5. because its editorial project is clearly humanistic, and Kotava is a linguistic UFO in today's conformist world.
Personally, I would gladly check all the boxes.
Facts are stubborn, just go back through the history and look carefully at your actions and non-actions. You are voluntarily blocking this project (widely the most qualitative and most advanced currently in Incubator) without any valid reason (and moreover you are not advancing any). You have a small power and you abuse it. Wikipedia is normally an open collaborative project, not a space for your narrow designs alone.
I would not use the same words as the previous kotavusik, but my opinion is nevertheless quite close. You reject plurality under your prejudices; your strategy is rotting. Prove me wrong, prove us. Nevatovol (talk) 03:50, 22 June 2020 (UTC)
User:Nevatovol, in me dulzeter, dum kotviele. Va intaf ugal drasuckuv. Kimtafa. Biscuit 26507 (talk) 16:11, 26 June 2020 (UTC)

Hello everyone. To bring forward stalled discussions in Langcom, I suggested there to start afresh by looking at the following criteria from m:Language_proposal_policy#Requisites_for_eligibility for artificial languages (which are listed there are "some [possible] recognition criteria"):

  • independently proved number of speakers
  • use as an auxiliary language outside of online communities created solely for the purpose
  • usage outside of Wikimedia
  • publication of works in the language for general sale

To me, Kotava should be good to go when these are fulfilled. Can you point me to answers to these "questions"? I see that both en:Kotava and fr:Kotava are marked as lacking secondary and tertiary sources, so I would appreciate some pointers to where such literature could be found. Sorry if this seems repetitive from previous things, I think it could help to solve the situation which is a bit deadlocked. --MF-W {a, b} 18:03, 26 June 2020 (UTC)


Hello. It seems to me that all these answers have already been given, on several occasions, by User:Axel xadolik who has been leading the project as the main administrator for two years (but he is in poor health for three months and cannot answer). I have just reviewed many discussions exchanged between him and Langcom and User:StevenJ81 who was leading the monitoring of the projects in the Incubator but who seems to have stopped all activity for six months. Thus :
I'm bound to repeat things already said or communicated by others:
  1. Kotava exists since 1978, more than 40 years, created by a woman: Staren Fetcey;
  2. Kotava has been recognized after enquiry with an ISO official code since 2007;
  3. there is an official website rich in numerous resources: grammar, unilingual and multi-lingual dictionaries, normative documents, various articles, many links, forum, annual activity reports of its linguistic committee, etc.
  4. there are other independent sites, including :
  • Kotavaxak dem Suterot: publishing major literary translations (Zweig, Wilde, Maupassant, Joyce, Zola, Dostoyevski, Maria Chapdelaine, Pirandello, Molière, Chekhov, etc. Kotavaxak dem Suterot
  • Marjorie Waldstein's library: lexicons, grammars, translations of proverbs, various texts and documents in Kotava, etc. Marjorie Waldstein's library
  • Wikikrenteem: more than 1000 original texts and translations in Kotava Wikikrenteem
5. several sites in Russian or French (card games in kotava in particular);
6. Kotava video sites and Youtube channels, for example Luce Kotavusik's channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWGchC9NLKq5x3lJMYdsypw
7. Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/441199765956571
8. other small groups on Discord and Reddit
9. etc.
The Kotava community may not be as large as the Esperanto or Interlingua community, but it is more than worthy of the Lingua Franca Nova or Interlingue community. The comparative activity on Wikipedia proves it well: Comparative activity of all constructed languages Wp projects
You're surprised this community is not making more noise. Judge by actions and facts, not by likes on anything. Learning a constructed language like Kotava requires effort and a great motivation. Do you think that the 10-15 regular contributors on this Wikipedia project are ghosts? Do you have any idea how much time it takes to write quality articles? To take just one example, for the series I have undertaken on Russian Revolutionary Women (Rossiafa artowasikya), you can click on all the sheets, there are about 50 at the moment and 80 in the future), each article requires about 5-6 hours of work. And articles like these or even more developed, by other contributors, there are hundreds already. Would not that make sense?
So sure this community is not large in the world and very scattered, maybe 200 capable speakers, but it is active and highly motivated. This encyclopedia project corresponds perfectly to the goals that this original and qualitative constructed language pursues and puts forward.
Another point which is not negligible: the very purpose of Kotava (surely fully utopian) is to fight against imperial languages, first and foremost English. As you will have noticed, and even here, communicating in English for a kotavusik is almost a conscientious objection. And in the world more generally, it is an undeniable handicap.
I will add one last thing: if, as Langcom, you do not ultimately want constructed languages or dead languages, then do not allow such projects to develop and wipe out in the end the enormous work of many contributors who do not count their time and energy, this can only be very badly perceived, especially when you see the great number of official projects in "small" "living" languages which are without any encyclopaedic interest and completely given up.
PS: but why, if I understand well what you wrote, everything is on your private list and not on the official Langcom list? Nevatovol (talk) 07:26, 27 June 2020 (UTC)
MF-W... Numen ? Kas bata pintara keldaskickid ?
(So, what's up? Are you satisfied with these details?) Biscuit 26507 (talk) 08:17, 1 July 2020 (UTC)


User:Nevatovol. Bat ristusikaj pu kot artan vols cin dulzer miledje va bat abdumimaks [29] kserar. Tir govligun. Bata neda entir mocoes blay. Biscuit 26507 (talk) 13:50, 2 July 2020 (UTC)
Don't troll against other projects please. It won't help you. I am happy for anything I get out of the imaginary langcom todo list. --MF-W {a, b} 15:31, 2 July 2020 (UTC)
User:MF-Warburg, User:Amire80. Have you seen my reply? Nevatovol (talk) 10:18, 2 July 2020 (UTC)
Thanks for your comment. I hadn't seen the reminder [30] at first because another comment came a few minutes after it. I have relayed this info to our private list. As you assume correctly, the discussion happens there. I have also now, as you will be delighted to hear, proposed to approve the project. --MF-W {a, b} 15:31, 2 July 2020 (UTC)
MF-W. Thank you for the good information. I'm just astonished that the discussions are taking place on your private list and are therefore invisible to the whole Wikipedia community, especially since I notice that there were still some exchanges yesterday on the public list concerning other projects. I am impatient to read the official confirmation. Nevatovol (talk) 09:13, 3 July 2020 (UTC)
PS. Is it necessary to stop all activity until the project is switched to its own space?
Well you see, in the past, all discussions on the mailing list were private. Nowadays we have a public and a non-public list, which is a big advantage. However, sometimes someone raises a point that for some reason he or she wants to keep private. Naturally, further discussions in the same email thread then tend to stay on the private list, as they might still refer to the part someone wanted to keep non-public for the time, for whatever reason. - You can continue editing here as usual. When the wiki is created, editing here will automatically be prevented by the software. It will look like this: [31]. --MF-W {a, b} 09:25, 3 July 2020 (UTC)

Hello. Well, I understand for the switching of the project, but do we still have to use the "Wp/avk/" prefix for all links?
Also, how will this append for administration rights? Will nothing change and all rights will be transferred? Will there be any particular procedures or initializations to be put in place or modified compared to the project as it stands now? Thank you. Nevatovol (talk) 08:44, 10 July 2020 (UTC)
No, the prefixes will be removed. Admins need to be re-elected. This is done by running requests for adminship when the new wiki exists and then requesting the rights from stewards on m:SRP. --MF-W {a, b} 10:10, 10 July 2020 (UTC)
Hello, now that 10 days have passed without opposition, how long will the technical process take for the Kotava to have its own domain? The logo for the project is yet made. Are there still elements missing? Thank you. Nevatovol (talk) 14:14, 13 July 2020 (UTC) -- edited Nevatovol (talk) 09:29, 14 July 2020 (UTC)
See m:Requests_for_new_languages/Wikipedia_Kotava#Settings now - we only need to know some settings now, then the creation of the wiki will be entrusted to the WMF developers. --MF-W {a, b} 10:45, 14 July 2020 (UTC)
@MF-Warburg: I've just completed the missing settings. Check, I think everything is correct. I am looking forward to get into the definitive domain. I hope there won't be any unpleasant technical surprises. Thank you very much. Nevatovol (talk) 13:22, 14 July 2020 (UTC)
@MF-Warburg: Hi, how long does usually take the technical process to activate an own domain? Because at now, everything seems to be asleep. Thank you. Nevatovol (talk) 09:15, 20 July 2020 (UTC)
It depends. Keep in mind that creating a new wiki is a very complicated process technically. Just today, one of the pending wikis was created, so I am sure the others will follow soon. --MF-W {a, b} 12:37, 20 July 2020 (UTC)
@MF-Warburg: Hello. The other two projects (wp.ary, wt.lij) were easily switched. So I guess wp.avk (which uses a simple Latin alphabet, with very few embedded modules, almost no orphaned pages and systematic prefixing of all links) should not be a problem. Several contributors have told me that they are now waiting for the final namespace to write new articles. Thank you. Nevatovol (talk) 07:47, 22 July 2020 (UTC)
@MF-Warburg: Hello. I have just seen that the technical process is complete and that Kotava now has its own domain avk.wikipedia.org. That's great. Besides of course all the contributors who have and will continue to develop this beautiful project, thank you to the Language Committee, the technical team and all persons who made it possible to reach this important step.
Nevertheless, the content pages don't seem to have been moved to the new address yet. Another little thing, the "Homepage" of the site is the page named "Xadola" and not Emudexo, even if the menu "Emudexo"=Main Page.
Another point, who will be able to access as administrator, at least temporarily before an official voting designation of one admin or more? Thank you in advance. Nevatovol (talk) 14:35, 29 July 2020 (UTC)
Edit: The content is not yet imported by User:Jon Harald Søby, but is now uneditable in Incubator. So we have to wait for create new articles or modify existing ones. How long time will be?. Thank you.Nevatovol (talk) 14:44, 30 July 2020 (UTC)

Hello,

I have just set up a voting procedure to appoint the administrators of avk.wikipedia.org, present on the Doda (Community) page. I solicited contributors with more than 50 contributions and set as criteria :

  1. Voting deadline: 14 days from the first recorded vote;
  2. General voting quorum: minimum 5 votes;
  3. Minimum affirmative vote: 5 votes;
  4. Validity of affirmative votes: two-thirds (e.g. 7/10, 7 affirmative and 3 negative maximum);
  5. Qualification to vote: having contributed at least 50 times to the Kotava project in the Incubator;
  6. Nobody can vote for him/herself.

I believe that these criteria are quite objective and reasonable to designate responsible admins. Will these votes will have to be validated by a super-administrator?
When will the import finally be realized? At the moment we can't verify anything. A first bad example, the drop-down lists that work perfectly in Incubator don't open in the new domain, while the copied code is absolutely identical and doesn't call any particular template????!!!! Nevatovol (talk) 16:30, 31 July 2020 (UTC)


User:Nevatovol: the import is now done. Jhs also fixed the issue with the main page name. While there are no admins yet, stewards or global sysops (such as myself) can help you with necessary actions. You can make requests on m:Steward_requests/Miscellaneous. About the election of admins: when the local discussion finishes, you can bring a request to m:Steward requests/Permissions to be executed by a steward. But please note that you can't "invent" an election policy by yourself. It needs to be decided upon by the community. Of course the criteria you propose are not unreasonable and I don't expect there to be any discrepancies here with how the stewards will act upon the eventual first RFAs from avkwiki. --MF-W {a, b} 21:13, 31 July 2020 (UTC)

Protect my talk page[edit source]

I'd appreciate if you protect my talk page. I don't care what kind of protection. Anything is fine but make it long term or indefinite. I don't want to be anymore trolled by GRPs. Also pinging User:StevenJ81. Masumrezarock100 (talk) 16:32, 27 November 2019 (UTC)

Incubator:Administrators' noticeboard[edit source]

Hi. You might want to look at Incubator:Administrators' noticeboard where there is an ongoing activity from a LTA. -- Tegel (talk) 18:59, 4 February 2020 (UTC)

Vandal[edit source]

[34]. Sk4mp (talk) 23:40, 10 February 2020 (UTC)

Thanks, already blocked. --MF-W {a, b} 23:41, 10 February 2020 (UTC)

Saraiki Wikipedia[edit source]

Dear, kindly expedite the process of approval of Saraiki Wikipedia and Saraiki Wiktionary. Sraiki (talk) 13:46, 6 April 2020 (UTC)

  • Dear, What are updates for Saraiki Wikipedia and Saraiki Wiktionary. Due to so late, community is feeling bad and interesting in work has become less.Sraiki (talk) 06:51, 1 May 2020 (UTC)
    • * Dear, What are updates for Saraiki Wikipedia and Saraiki Wiktionary. Due to so late, community is feeling bad and interesting in work has become less،Kindly approve these.Sraiki (talk) 16:51, 8 May 2020 (UTC)
      • We would, of course, need at least three active editors in order to be able to consider approval. --MF-W {a, b} 21:50, 8 May 2020 (UTC)
    • Dear, Kindly consider for approvalSraiki (talk) 10:27, 4 July 2020 (UTC)
      • Dear, Kindly consider for approvalSraiki (talk) 07:07, 10 July 2020 (UTC)


Kindly see the Saraiki wikipedia. Verify and approve the creation. see https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Requests_for_new_languages/Wikipedia_SaraikiSraiki (talk) 13:49, 28 July 2017 (UTC)

This project needs a broader contributor community and needs to translate the interface before it can even be considered for approval. StevenJ81 (talk) 13:58, 28 July 2017 (UTC)
It's an entirely separate issue (which I'll leave in MF-W's hands) whether the project should be marked as "eligible" at Meta. StevenJ81 (talk) 13:58, 28 July 2017 (UTC)
Now Saraiki wikipedia is ready to be approved, all conditions are satisfied. Dear look the recent situition and approve the same as most work has been done. Sraiki (talk) 06:34, 2 August 2018 (UTC)
Now Saraiki wikipedia is ready to be approved, all conditions are satisfied. Dear look the recent situition and approve the same as most work has been done.Sraiki (talk) 14:52, 18 December 2018 (UTC)
@StevenJ81 @Jon Harald Søby @ Satdeep Gill Now Saraiki Wiktionary is ready to be approved, all conditions are satisfied. Dear look the recent situation and approve the same as most work has been done.Sraiki (talk) 16:43, 15 October 2019 (UTC)
@MF-Warburg: Dear, Saraiki people are waiting for Wikipedia and Wiktionary in their language.Please give surprise to the community.Sraiki (talk) 17:15, 11 July 2020 (UTC)Sraiki (talk) 13:43, 17 July 2020 (UTC)


Your revert of (un)interesting informations[edit source]

Why did you revert the information items I added? These are small real-time data, interesting and showing the progress of the most active projects. Biscuit 26507 (talk) 15:00, 12 April 2020 (UTC)

Because, as I said, they were unrepresentative: Not every test-project uses PAGESINCATEGORY:Wx/xx to count the articles, so for e.g. Goan Konkani Wiktionary, it said 11 articles, which is not correct. --MF-W {a, b} 15:55, 13 April 2020 (UTC)

help[edit source]

Hello
my dear friend how can I fix Syntax error on Json in this template [چوٙأ:Country data kyrgyzstan] in lrc.wikipedia.org?
best wishes. — The preceding unsigned comment was added by Mogoeilor (discussioncontribs) 13:18, 14 May 2020 (UTC).

Hello. I have no idea. Maybe you can find help on m:Tech. --MF-W {a, b} 14:08, 14 May 2020 (UTC)
@Mogoeilor: First of all, please check my user contributions in lrc.wikipedia.org. I don't know the actual reason for the error that occurred. Anyway, its working fine now, but the translations have been removed. So, try adding the translations once again, or try comparing the changes that were made by me and the latest one created by you. Adithyak1997 (talk) 18:29, 16 June 2020 (UTC)

Help![edit source]

[35]Help Wy/ja -- Object*tofu (Benutzer / erzählen) 11:45, 9 June 2020 (UTC)

You linked to all recent changes. What exactly do you mean? --MF-W {a, b} 13:31, 9 June 2020 (UTC)

please block[edit source]

this user, thanks. Praxidicae (talk) 12:09, 16 June 2020 (UTC)

I see I'm already too late :) --MF-W {a, b} 12:19, 16 June 2020 (UTC)

Usage of tools[edit source]

Hello. As this isn't mentioned at my test-sysop/TA request, figured that I should actually ask first. Can I increase my use of tools to deal with the LTA? --Minorax (talk) 13:38, 28 June 2020 (UTC)

Sure, no problem. We never complain if T-As use their tools to prevent obvious vandals. --MF-W {a, b} 14:49, 29 June 2020 (UTC)

Two controversial edits[edit source]

Please check 1 and 2 controversial? I am not sure how the new div got inserted. If it's controversial, please revert my edits on these 2 articles. I didn't find issues on any other pages on which I have edited. Adithyak1997 (talk) 08:24, 1 July 2020 (UTC)

That's not controversial, that's a feature of the translate extension. --MF-W {a, b} 11:43, 1 July 2020 (UTC)
Thanks for replying, but even now, my doubt remains. Because please compare Help:Manual/id and Help:Manual/ml. In that, in the first one, around 13 bullets have been misplaced. But in the second one, it appears as normal. Please check these too. Adithyak1997 (talk) 13:25, 1 July 2020 (UTC)
These links don't work. --MF-W {a, b} 14:42, 1 July 2020 (UTC)
Sorry for the problem caused. I have corrected the links. Adithyak1997 (talk) 14:46, 1 July 2020 (UTC)
I must say I don't see the issue. In any case, if you think it should rather be avoided, you could exclude the Translations: namespace from your fixes. They can still happen when the original version is fixed and someone goes to update the translations. --MF-W {a, b} 16:19, 1 July 2020 (UTC)

Welcoming bot[edit source]

I would like to know whether you have any idea about how Welcoming bot works? I am interested in using it in Malayalam Wikisource as well as in Wikibooks. Adithyak1997 (talk) 18:19, 4 July 2020 (UTC)

That's done by mw:Extension:NewUserMessage. --MF-W {a, b} 09:43, 6 July 2020 (UTC)

Account creator[edit source]

Hi I'm meta Wikipedia:Account creator Want to be,Account creator I know about its principles.HSaurab (talk) 15:57, 7 July 2020 (UTC)

See w:simple:User talk:DannyS712#Account creator - user is requesting rights on a bunch of wikis --DannyS712 (talk) 03:55, 8 July 2020 (UTC)
X mark.svg Not done certainly you have no need for it, if this is your first edit here. --MF-W {a, b} 15:27, 8 July 2020 (UTC)

GS[edit source]

I believe that it's a user script and not all GS/stewards have it installed. --Minorax (talk) 13:36, 10 July 2020 (UTC)

That's... their problem? --MF-W {a, b} 13:41, 10 July 2020 (UTC)
Well, if you say so. Thought that it'll be better to add it in so that they don't have to type. --Minorax (talk) 14:02, 10 July 2020 (UTC)
It would surely be a nice gesture. However, for these dropdown menus, it's important that they don't get too long, otherwise they are not very practical. As a GS myself, I never use them for GS work, because I can't keep track of what 700 wikis offer there anyway as reasons. I think it will be similar for the others. --MF-W {a, b} 14:08, 10 July 2020 (UTC)

A barnstar for you![edit source]

Original Barnstar Hires.png The Original Barnstar
Thank you for your deӀete suggestion. Ӏf possibӀe, Ӏ wouӀd Ӏike to ask you another question. Ӏ have just Ӏost access to editing aӀӀ of my tempӀates. What has changed over the Ӏast coupӀe of days to cause this? Ӏ have aӀways used TempӀate:... Now Ӏ apparentӀy have to use Wt/kbd/TempӀate:... Ӏs this correct? How do Ӏ access my oӀd tempӀates to modify them?
Rhdkabardian (talk) 08:47, 16 July 2020 (UTC)
Thank you. I will reply to the template question on I:AN. --MF-W {a, b} 01:07, 17 July 2020 (UTC)

Thanks and questions[edit source]

Hello, MF-Warburg. I worked overtime yesterday in real life and now I can edit ;) I'm excited to be able to do what I've always wanted to help. I plan to continue my activities here even if I resign stew in the future. By the way, I have a question. Is there anything else incubator need or need any help other than what I mentioned at RfA? I'm going to learn both the work of the incubator itself or the incubator tasks related to language committee to the best of my ability, but I'm curious if you think there is a part that needs work right now. Thank you! And I am very happy to be able to work with you. I was personally hoping for this opportunity. --Sotiale (talk) 06:35, 17 July 2020 (UTC)

Great to hear. I am very happy that you want to help us here, with all your experience from BetaWV etc. - One important thing is always to help with technical issues, like currently Incubator:Administrators'_noticeboard#Templates_not_working or Incubator:Community_Portal#bugfix_request:_problem_displaying_Meitei_script_(mni)_in_Chrome_on_Windows. My knowledge about all these things is unfortunately very limited. - A more general thing would be to think about improvements to Incubator, like Incubator:Community_Portal#Celtic_Knot_talk_about_the_Incubator. --MF-W {a, b} 11:40, 17 July 2020 (UTC)

Wikisets[edit source]

Can I imagine that imports are usually processed within 7 days after a new wiki is created? Anyway, let me know when the import is complete and the Wikiset can be changed! :D --Sotiale (talk) 06:17, 25 July 2020 (UTC)

Usually, yes. As a rule of thumb, that works. Though for updating the wikiset, I'd prefer if that could be done only after request / notification. In some cases it takes longer or a problem is only identified later, then it would be annoying if the wikiset was already changed "automatically". --MF-W {a, b} 22:52, 26 July 2020 (UTC)
Thanks! In the case of arywiki, which newly elected admin, I just added it to wikiset(Please let me know if you have any problems!). Also, please notify me about lijwikisource or any newly created wiki after all import work is done. --Sotiale (talk) 11:08, 31 July 2020 (UTC)

Wp/lld[edit source]

@MF-W Hallo MF - Warburg, ich kontaktiere Dich bezüglich der Wikipedia Ladina -Wikipedia Ladin (auf Ladinisch), deren Entwicklung im Inkubator ich koordiniert habe. Die Nachricht der Genehmigung ist bereits seit einigen Wochen veröffentlicht, jedoch ist sie noch nicht aus dem Inkubator versetzt worden. Bitte halte mich auf dem Laufenden. Ich stehe jedenfalls zur Verfügung falls noch weitere Übersetzungen ins Ladinische notwendig wären. Vielen Dank. Mit besten Grüßen Starladin (talk)

Siehe m:Requests_for_new_languages/Wikipedia_Ladin#Approval - ich brauche die Bestätigung, dass die Angaben zur Konfiguration, die in der Tabelle dort ("Settings" ausklappen) stehen, korrekt und konsensfähig sind. --MF-W {a, b} 12:59, 28 July 2020 (UTC)
user:Starladin - ping, falls du es noch nicht gesehen hast. --MF-W {a, b} 18:02, 31 July 2020 (UTC)

@MF-W Vielen Dank für Deine Hilfe. Habe die Angaben kontrolliert und die Bestätigung geschrieben.Starladin (talk)