이 페이지는 아직 위키미디어 재단이 소유하고 있지 않은 언어의 위키백과를 신설하기를 원하는 사람들을 위한 핸드북이 포함되어있습니다. 이미있는 기존의 위키의 개요는 Special:SiteMatrix를 봐주세요(붉은색 링크들은 아직 있지 않는 위키입니다).
http://toolserver.org/~robin/?tool=proposewiki 에서 시작하는 것이 위키미디어 재단의 위키를 더 쉽게 만들어 줍니다.
1단계 : 요구 사항 
- Before you can start, know that the rules to get your own wiki are much more strict than the rules to start a test wiki here.
- 위키에 참여할 충분한 인원이 필요하다는 것을 확실히 알아두세요.
- 그리고 그 언어가 확실한 ISO 639언어 부호를 가지고 있어야 합니다.
위키미디어는 확실한 ISO 639 언어부호를 가지고 있지 않는 언어이거나 a language in a script or orthography that is not commonly accepted or used에 대해 지원해주지 않습니다, 만약 개인 위키를 시작하고 싶다면, 위키아의 Incubator Plus를 참조하세요.
등록 및 환경설정 
그럼, Special:Preferences로 가주세요(1). 그리고 사용 언어를 바꾼 다음(2). 테스트 위키의 설정을 바꾸세요. 이렇게 :
- 언어 부호(4), "xx"로 된
2단계 : 위키 시작하기 
- 만약 언어 조건이 충족됬는지 모르겠다면 Incubator:Requests for starting a test에 물어보세요.
- If your language is invalid, it may be deleted. If your language is valid, its content will certainly be kept and all work will be moved to the new wiki once the wiki is created.
- In the box below, replace "xyz" with your language code. Use an w:ISO 639-1 code, and if it does not exist, use an w:ISO 639-3 code.
- Also replace "Wp" (Wikipedia) if it is for another project ("Wt" = Wiktionary, "Wn" = Wikinews, "Wb" = Wikibooks, "Wq" = "Wikiquote", "Wy" = Wikivoyage).
Click on the create button above, and in the edit form, replace "language name in English". Extra information can be found on Incubator:Policy/Test language status. Then save the page.
- Follow the instructions on the page you just created. You will be asked to create a main page, with the title Project/code/Main_Page.
- You can list the wiki on Incubator:Wikis.
3단계 : 요청 제출하기 
You can start a test wiki here at Incubator also without a request at Meta, but without one, you will not get an own wiki.
- It is recommended to merge your account so you are automatically logged in into all wikis including MetaWiki.
- Follow the instructions at the handbook for requesters.
- Update the Wx/xyz info page here by changing the parameter "meta" to
| meta = yes
- As we already said, the policy to get a Wikimedia subdomain are stricter than to start a test project here. Read the policy carefully.
- If the test project meets all formal requirements, it will be marked "verified to be eligible". If the request after a long time is not yet marked so, a requirement is probably missing.
4단계 : 인큐베이터에서 
- Content work is the most important thing. Write and maintain articles.
- It can sometimes take a long time before your wiki is approved. Don't be discouraged.
- You can apply for test wiki adminship, to take care of your test wiki.
- A member of the Language Committee may propose the approval of your test wiki. If not, and you think your test wiki meets the requirements, you can propose its approval on their talk page.
기본적인 지침 
위키미디어 프로젝트에서 반드시 따라야 하는 몇몇 규칙들:
- Authors must write from a neutral point of view (NPOV).
- Orthographic practices - if there is more than one way to spell or write your language, you will need rules about it.
- Stylistic conventions - if your language does not have a standardised universal form (the way everybody speaks it to understand each other), you will need to have one or have a rule to tell people which forms or dialects of your language to use. Also, you will need more complex stylistic conventions (for an example, see here).
5단계 : 위치 결정 
The interface needs to be localised into your language. "Localization" includes translating the MediaWiki interface. Translation is one of the requirements before a wiki can be created. You can do this at Translatewiki. It is usually done parallel to the work on the test wiki.
- If you are not yet familiar with translatewiki.net, please follow the instructions there.
- Go to "Special:Translate" on translatewiki.net and then start translating:
- While it would be even better to translate the entire interface, for a first project in a language you only need to localise the "most used MediaWiki messages". These are the messages that are of most importance to our readers.
- For any subsequent project in a language, all the core MediaWiki messages and the messages of the main extensions used by the Wikimedia Foundation need to be translated. It is expected that the community of the first project has maintained and improved the localisation and consequently it should be no hardship.
You are encouraged to join the language support team for your language, where you can provide information about your language (such as plural rules) or test functionality. If there is any technical problem, such as a lack of input methods or fonts for your language, do not hesitate to contact either through our community portal or on translatewiki.net.
6단계 : 위키가 승인될때 
7단계 : 위키가 만들어질때 
- 잠깐! 인큐베이터의 문서를 새 위키에 옮기려고 했다면 하지마세요.
- Someone will import all the pages with their history, and without their prefixes.
- If you want your own logo instead of the English one, upload it as "Wiki.png" to your local wiki and submit a Bugzilla request. (If you don't know how to do that, you can ask for help).