If you are a registered user, on some wikis you can upload a file through Special:Upload. But that functionality is mostly disabled on Incubator. You have to upload files directly on Wikimedia Commons.
- Uploading is permitted only for bureaucrats, who use it only for certain administrative functions, like archiving deleted tests.
ڪامنز (Commons) ڪيئن تي اپلوڊ ڪرڻ گُهرجي؟
Here is it explained step by step:
- First register on Commons or log in (you might have been registered automatically via unified login already).
- Specify your interface language in your preferences for convenience.
- Go to Commons:Upload and follow the instructions. Experienced users can also use this tool.
- You can use all files from Commons here in the normal way under the same name.
Why is it disabled here?
Because of bug 11168! ;-)
There are several advantages:
- You can use your image on every wiki of the Wikimedia Foundation.
- It avoids having to re-upload missing files after importing all test wiki pages to the new site.
- Commons is specifically for files. Consequently it has a better policy, etc. Incubator doesn't have any control on uploaded images.