Welcome to Wikimedia Incubator!
At the right there are some important links, and here are some tips and info:
- If you haven't created a user page yet, please create one with for example Babel templates on it.
- You can select your interface language in your preferences.
- If you make articles, templates or categories, don't forget to add a prefix!
- If your knowledge of English is good, you can help with translating pages to other languages you know, so more people can understand it!
- If you want to translate the interface, please go to Translatewiki.net and follow the instructions.
-- Welcoming Bot 01:50, 27 May 2020 (UTC)
About mistakes in Middle English[edit source]
Hi YoungstownToast, I was just thinking, I use this website to translate text in Middle English, maybe we can contact the folks in this website and ask them if by any chance they can enter this wiki, and check our grammar. -Gifnk dlm 2020 (talk) 17:59, 28 January 2021 (UTC)
- @Gifnk dlm 2020 Hi. I usually do use that for translating test, it's the best dictionary I've found online. For grammar I look at the quotations and see if I'm using the word correctly, but we're bound to make some mistakes. We can try to contact them. I'm sure they'd be able to help in some way, they are a university after all. --YoungstownToast (talk) 19:06, 28 January 2021 (UTC)
- I see. The reason I thought of contacting them is because one of the arguments they made to close the wiki is that none of the people contributing claim to have any high level knowledge in Middle English so I think that way we can get least one user with an advanced knowledge of the language. -Gifnk dlm 2020 (talk) 19:27, 28 January 2021 (UTC)
Hi YoungstownToast, I tried to move the page Wp/enm/Þe American Drēm to Wp/enm/American Drēm but for some reason it does nonsense. Can you please help? -Gifnk dlm 2020 (talk) 15:01, 29 January 2021 (UTC)
- @Gifnk dlm 2020: I have absolutely no idea what happened. I tried fixing it but I couldn't. --YoungstownToast (talk) 16:51, 29 January 2021 (UTC)
How to create a new template.[edit source]
Hi YoungstownToast, I just created a new page about Donkey Kong, and I think that there should be a template that will give information about the game just like there’s a template for countries. This template should tell who the developers and publishers are, what platform it runs on, it’s genre, and if it supports multiplayer. The only question is how to do this. Thanks in advance, -Gifnk dlm 2020 (talk) 16:24, 8 February 2021 (UTC)
Hi YoungstownToast, I asked a question in Talk:Wp/enm about should we use Roman numbers or Arabic numbers, and used the newly created Template:Wp/enm/Ping to ping all the users who contributed to Middle English Wikipedia on March but it only pinged some of them so 1234qwer1234qwer4 increased the limit to 20 users, but I’m not sure if it pinged you and because from all the users who edit Middle English, you edit the longest I would love to here your opinion. I think it will be better if you reply in Talk:Wp/enm and not here so other users can also participate in the discussion. -Gifnk dlm 2020 (talk) 09:53, 23 March 2021 (UTC)