Welcome to Wikimedia Incubator!
At the right there are some important links, and here are some tips and info:
- If you haven't created a user page yet, please create one with for example Babel templates on it.
- You can select your interface language in your preferences.
- If you make articles, templates or categories, don't forget to add a prefix!
- If your knowledge of English is good, you can help with translating pages to other languages you know, so more people can understand it!
- If you want to translate the interface, please go to Translatewiki.net and follow the instructions.
-- Welcoming Bot 15:59, 21 April 2017 (UTC)
User page[edit source]
Hello, and thanks for writing.
It's possible that I was guilty of language bias when I deleted your user page. I apologize, and have restored the page.
Please understand: there is not usually a lot of plain text on someone's user page, and I have often found that user pages with plain text end up being spam or advertising. Since I couldn't check your user page against Google Translate, I assumed the worst, and I shouldn't have.
Now, as to what makes a good user page:
- We do want you to put a template showing what language(s) you speak—see Incubator:Babel.
- You can put a little bit of additional information about yourself that is relevant to what you are working on here ("I am interested in working on the Dinka Wikipedia test, and tests of other languages of South Sudan," or something like that).
- Do not put very personal information (date of birth, parents, your resume).
- Do not advertise products you are trying to sell.
- Do not use your user page as a place to write a paper about an important issue for you. This is not the place for it.
If what is on your user page is any of the above "do not" items, please change it.
Also, keep in mind that the purpose of a user page is so people can find out something about you. If and when Dinka Wikipedia becomes its own project, it may be appropriate to write your user page in Dinka. But here on Incubator, most people just passing by do not speak Dinka. So consider keeping your user page in a language spoken widely internationally (English, French, Arabic, Chinese, whatever you like)—or at least make it Dinka plus an international language.
Thanks so much for this helpful guidance. I will be working on the page setting now. Since my language is yet to be a complete project, I am certainly going to use English. I didn't really know about template usage in the issues of pages.
Please, I will write to you when I have some questions on how to operate on Incubator here. Let me make further read through.
Jaago Machiek Jr. (talk) 00:13, 26 April 2017 (UTC)