Welcome to Wikimedia Incubator!
At the right there are some important links, and here are some tips and info:
- If you haven't created a user page yet, please create one with for example Babel templates on it.
- You can select your interface language in your preferences.
- If you make articles, templates or categories, don't forget to add a prefix!
- If your knowledge of English is good, you can help with translating pages to other languages you know, so more people can understand it!
- If you want to translate the interface, please go to Translatewiki.net and follow the instructions.
-- Welcoming Bot 18:04, 9 September 2020 (UTC)
As I've checked, it's now a very active test project, but doesn't have a corresponding RFL page on Meta, I'm wondering if there are plans to submit such a RFL or not? Liuxinyu970226 (talk) 02:10, 19 June 2023 (UTC)
- Yes, it will be submitted. Thank you for the information Alhassan Mohammed Awal (talk) 10:41, 20 June 2023 (UTC)
Ready for approval[edit source]
Hello. I am positively reviewing the approval of Dagaare Wikipedia, to which you mainly contribute. In order to proceed with the smooth approval process, I would like to tell you what I think of the supplements. This is not mandatory, but I think it would greatly help approval if supplemented.
- Please add the content of the short pages (eg. Wp/dga/Prince Boateng, Wp/dga/Yɔdaare, Wp/dga/Kasògi and some empty pages)
- Please create articles in other fields besides politician. In random sampling, many pages appear to be members of parliament.
If this is resolved, I think I can start the process for approval at the end of next month. Thanks for your contribution! please share this with your community members. --Sotiale (talk) 13:50, 21 August 2023 (UTC)
- Thank you so much for reaching out to us and the recommendations. It is well noted and we will work to resolve of that. However, I wish to state that the Dagaare Wikipedia Incubator currently has over 700 pages and only 230 out of that are for politicians. The rest are for other fields. The only challenge for some of the articles, especially those about the Dagaare history, traditions and culture is the references. Most of the history is passed down to generations orally (oral tradition) and there is no much resources online or print to site for them. Therefore, you find most of them with more content but no basic references. We will improve upon all of them and add the necessary interlinks. Thank you once again for the prompt. Alhassan Mohammed Awal (talk) 12:05, 27 August 2023 (UTC)
Approval process for wp/dga begins[edit source]
Hello, I have started the process for approval for this project. Langcom is currently discussing this; It is likely that this will be successful, but it is not yet certain. I hope you have good results.
I would like to ask you to discuss with the community whether the site settings indicated in m:Requests for new languages/Wikipedia Dagaare are correct. And there is something additional I would like to ask of you. Since the dga language involves creating a new project, verification is required to see if this project is actually written in dga. This will be confirmed by a linguist or expert, and the process will be carried out by langcom. We could make a request from our pool of linguists, but in case we do not have such a linguist or expert, we would like to ask you to recommend an expert or linguist for the dga language. All you have to do is send me their information and email address. Please email me instead of posting their information publicly here. Thank you! --Sotiale (talk) 05:07, 2 October 2023 (UTC)
- Thank you so much for beginning the approval process of our language on Wikipedia. It is heartwarming to learn from you that the process has started. We are doing everything on our part to ensure strict compliance with the requirements of the langcom.
- After discussions with the community members as to whether the site settings are correct as indicated in https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Requests_for_new_languages/Wikipedia_Dagaare, it appears everything is in order except one. That is the language name in both English and the language and in everything is "Dagaare". It is not "Dagaaba" as indicated in the table. The "Dagaaba" there is not appropriate and must be replaced with "Dagaare". "Dagaaba" refers to the speakers of the language (the people). The speakers of Dagaare are the Dagaaba. That is the only thing we thought should be corrected for now if what is put there is referring to the language and not its speakers.
- We hope to receive a positive feedback from the langcom regarding the approval process. We are not relenting in our efforts and are continuing to improve upon the over 1,300 articles we have gathered on our incubator so far and are hoping the approval will serve as a big motivation to get us fully charged for more content on our Wikipedia and other Wikimedia projects to ensure we preserve knowledge in our language and share it with the rest of the world.
- I am ready to link the langcom up with the Dagaare linguist or expert at any time you need one. Alhassan Mohammed Awal (talk) 20:11, 3 October 2023 (UTC)