Welcome to Wikimedia Incubator!
At the right there are some important links, and here are some tips and info:
- If you haven't created a user page yet, please create one with for example Babel templates on it.
- You can select your interface language in your preferences.
- If you make articles, templates or categories, don't forget to add a prefix!
- If your knowledge of English is good, you can help with translating pages to other languages you know, so more people can understand it!
- If you want to translate the interface, please go to Translatewiki.net and follow the instructions.
-- Welcoming Bot 15:26, 31 July 2020 (UTC)
为了建立满语维基百科，有必要统一文字。 我尊重满订者使用。 然后看哈萨克语维基百科。 可以换两种文字。 先用拉丁文字写满语，然后再转换为满文。
Text unification is necessary to create Manchurian Wikipedia. I respect the use of Manchurian characters. Therefore look at the Kazakh language Wikipedia. You can change two characters arabic, Cyrillic and Roman alphabet. First, let's write down Manchurian in Latin and later convert it into Manchurian. Chulsu463 (talk) 00:23, 12 September 2021 (UTC)
- @Chulsu463: I can understand your thoughts, but actually the Manchu conversion is not as easy as other Wikipedias to be launched, as the Latin script is horizontal, while Manchu script is vertical, this thus may cause some problems when converting some templates and infobox which we may not think of, together with the problem that the latin script of Manchu language is not unified, there may be some incorrect conversion when converting it back to Manchu script (not only Möllendorf is used in Wp/mnc, I think), which also causes the conversion hard to apply. Secondly, Text unification is not a must for create Manchurian Wikipedia. Some wikipedia that is hard to unify the script such as Hakka wikipedia, are kept in separate pages instead of combining it. Buginese wikipedia also contains mixed uses of Lontara and Latin script. I think Manchu Wikipedia can adapt the method of Hakka Wikipedia if the conversion cannot be launched finally. Thirdly, I prefer using Manchu title for each articles, as it is most suitable and standardized, while using Latin script as title may cause inaccuracy due to different latinization method.
- I think at the moment we cannot sure that the conversion can really be launched, keep the current situation seems the best. If converting all Manchu script into Latin and finally the conversion is failed, the Manchu Wikiepdia than loses all of its traditional characters with the waste of other contributors' effort. We can wait until the conversion is confirmed to be workable. And finally I wish you can discuss with other contributors when you have made this decision, but not only rewriting and moving all the texts contributed by other contributors into Latin without informing them.Limfurg (talk) 00:53, 12 September 2021 (UTC)
- Actually no need for sorry, both of us want Manchu wikipedia to be launched, so I can understand what you think, but given it is a critically endangered language, I know it would be difficult. I think Text unification is not the main issue for launching Manchu wikipedia, but the verification of the content. Maybe we need to find some professors or linguists for Manchu language and emailed to the language committee. As I have seen, the batak toba project has been active for more than a year still not be approved, I actually don't understand what the language committee is thinking. Limfurg (talk) 01:04, 12 September 2021 (UTC)
firstly, I was kinda immature. Respect Manchurian speakers should be first. secondly, as I said I respect Manchu Script but to erase them for unification was my mistake. lastly, since text unification isn't necessary, let's write like currently. to remain this status quo is your opinion and it's affordable. I agree. actually I wrote long sentence but I remain this instead because of my English. I hope my attention arrived accurately. also yeah quite skeptical to launch this wiki for several reasons. Chulsu463 (talk) 01:37, 12 September 2021 (UTC)
- Thank you for understanding and consideration! Hope we can witness the approval of Manchu Wikipedia soon although it must not be easy. And actually you do not need to write in English as I can read and write Chinese. I am writing in English just because it is convenient and time-reducing (my English is not good as well haha). Limfurg (talk) 03:11, 12 September 2021 (UTC)