- Help & FAQ
- Manual (to create a wiki)
- Community portal
- Editing help
- Language support
- <translate> Sandbox</translate>
Welcome to Wikimedia Incubator!
At the right there are some important links, and here are some tips and info:
- If you haven't created a user page yet, please create one with for example Babel templates on it.
- You can select your interface language in your preferences.
- If you make articles, templates or categories, don't forget to add a prefix!
- If your knowledge of English is good, you can help with translating pages to other languages you know, so more people can understand it!
- If you want to translate the interface, please go to Translatewiki.net and follow the instructions.
-- Welcoming Bot 10:24, 12 February 2017 (UTC)
Test administrator status and the rules[edit source]
I very much appreciate your contributions to the Bodo language tests, and I don't want to discourage that. Still, there are a number of ways in which you clearly show either a lack of understanding of the rules or a contempt for the rules.
- Multiple accounts. The rules here are very clear: You must edit from a single account only. There are very limited reasons why an individual is permitted to use multiple accounts—see statement in Incubator, as well as fuller descriptions at Meta and English Wikipedia. As far as I can tell, those reasons don't apply to you.
- You have recently applied to be a test administrator under two different account names. I would be within the rules to block all of your accounts on the grounds of abuse of multiple accounts. But I'm not going to do that. Instead, I'm going to ask you to pick one account and use it. I will block the rest. And I don't want to see you creating new accounts again. If you do, I will block you here indefinitely, and will probably move to block you across all Wikimedia projects. And that would be a shame for you and a shame for the development of the Bodo tests here. Please don't make me do that.
- Edit histories matter. The history of the development of a page is an important part of the documentation of Wikimedia projects and is required under the licensing structure we use. So when you look to rename a main page, then ask me to delete that page, and meanwhile copy-and-paste into a new main page, you're completely messing that documentation up. What I need you to do in this case is:
- Delete the new main page.
- Go back to the original main page and get rid of the
- Move the original main page to the new name. That preserves the history.
- If you need help with all that, let me know.
You need to follow the rules. Until you do that, you cannot become a test administrator. At this point, it will take you a while to regain the community's trust on this. StevenJ81 (talk) 14:14, 17 February 2017 (UTC)