Welcome to the Wikimedia Incubator! At the right there are some important links, and here are some tips and info:
- If you haven't created a user page yet, please create one with for example User language templates on it.
- You can select your interface language in your preferences.
- If you make articles, templates or categories, don't forget to add a prefix!
- If your knowledge of English is good, you can help with translating pages to other languages you know, so more people can understand it!
- If you want to translate the interface, please go to Betawiki, create an account and follow the instructions you will see.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask them on my talk page.
Greetings, OWTB 08:29, 26 March 2011 (UTC)
Livonian Wikipedia[edit source]
Not only "nobody is going to kill you for trying", actually Livonian Wikipedia needs badly users like you. To get verified as eligible, there have to be three active editors. I do not know exact definition but it looks like "active" means more than 20 edits per month or so. Problems with language ? If there are couple of sentences you want to translate to Livonian but have difficulties, I may try to help you. Warbola 21:04, 30 March 2011 (UTC)
- Thanks! :) I have some issues finding good resources, perhaps you can suggest some? I acctualy did decide to join in, because seeing how you just berely miss the criteria, made me realise that I could at least try to help, instead of just watching. I know very little Livonian, so I guess I could stick to placing templates and very simple one or two sentence articles, if it acceptable lenght here Xil 21:15, 30 March 2011 (UTC)
- Your work is appreciated! The aren't many good resources for Livonian language out there in internet, but I have listed some on my talk page.Warbola 00:44, 3 April 2011 (UTC)
I registered my account here on the Incubator also mainly because of the Livonian Wikipedia. feel free to encourage me to do something in the Livonian Wikipedia or to say anything about the project on my discussion page. Of course, we could try to speak Livonian between us. Ohpuu 19:10, 24 April 2011 (UTC)
US President template[edit source]
Thank you for the bits of work you have already done. I think the US President template should include: 1) an image representing the president; 2) name of the president; 3) the possibility to note when s/he was born (Sindõn: DATE as free text) and died (Kūolõn: DATE); 4) that he was the US president in years from XXXX to YYYY (AĪV prezident āigasts XXXX–YYYY); 5) the names of the presidents before him/her (Jedmõl tǟnda: NAME) and after him/her (Pierrõ tǟnda: NAME). I think something like this should do the trick and look awesome enough for now. -- Ohpuu (talk) 11:37, 20 April 2012 (UTC)