Welcome to Wikimedia Incubator!
At the right there are some important links, and here are some tips and info:
- If you haven't created a user page yet, please create one with for example Babel templates on it.
- You can select your interface language in your preferences.
- If you make articles, templates or categories, don't forget to add a prefix!
- If your knowledge of English is good, you can help with translating pages to other languages you know, so more people can understand it!
- If you want to translate the interface, please go to Translatewiki.net and follow the instructions.
-- Welcoming Bot 10:31, 1 April 2016 (UTC)
Populating the Kabiye Wikipedia entries
There's lots more countries which have infoboxes added to their respective pages. At present, the following countries still need to have pages created for them: Argentina, Congo-Kinshasa, Congo-Brazzaville, Sierra Leone
Hi! Thanks for adding the templates to the countries, however, could you please add the name, the flag, the coat of arms and a map of the country because as they are now they are useless.
The parameters you have to fill in are the following ones:
- Hɩɖɛ (name) = Alizeerii
- Hɩɖɛ2 = .
- Kɩɖaʋ kɩdɛɛka (flag) = Flag of Algeria.svg
- Ɛjaɖɛ tɛ tampaɣ (coat of arms) = Seal of Algeria.svg
- image_map = Algeria CIA map.png
You can see an example below:
- Hello Katxis. Thanks for your reply and help with adding details to the Country templates. I will be doing that in 'slow time', having found out the relevant details first. I may even have a go at translating some of the tags into Kabiye... On a related note, we need to know how to create templates, which will then be used for special purposes, such as Famous People, etc. I am aware that I can edit existing templates, but it isn't clear how to create them from scratch. I look forward to your reply. --SFLord (talk) 12:26, 14 April 2016 (UTC)
Change to the Ɛjaɖɛ template file
I have now changed this file so that it no longer displays extra details such as 'Image: Afghanistani|300px' etc. So any page that uses this template will be affected from now on. --SFLord (talk) 17:56, 14 April 2016 (UTC)
- Thanks for this Katxis. We will concentrate first on populating the Country pages, but adding details to the famous person (Ɛyaa sɔsaa) pages is next on my to-do list and your help has made this possible.--SFLord (talk) 17:16, 18 April 2016 (UTC)
- Now the countries template is worse than it was. Why did you change the codes for the pictures? --Katxis (talk) 13:02, 21 April 2016 (UTC)
- Hi Katxis re. your last comment, I presume that you are referring to the extra text that is displayed on the template (e.g. Image: Afghanistani|300px) Dave Roberts Gnangbade asked me to find out how to stop this from being shown. This resulted in a change to the Ɛjaɖɛ template. --SFLord (talk) 13:36, 21 April 2016 (UTC)
Reverted edits on Thailand page of Kabiye wikipedia
I have noticed that you have reverted the edits that I have made to the Kabiye Thailand page, on 28 January 2017. Please can you explain why this was done? The page is a country page and should have an infobox template - which I had populated.
Copyright Restrictions on Wikipedia
Hi Gnangbade (talk) I've just updated the Famous Person page for Antonio Vivaldi - Vivaldi famous person page - but could not add his signature as when I searched for it on Wikimedia Commons all the pages for the signature for this person deterred me from using it. This is an example of what I get:  In short I have neither the time nor inclination to investigate and interpret all of the warnings and instructions shown.. (I'll let you know what it all means and how we can deal with it, when I've passed my PhD in International Copyright Law..!!)