Welcome to Wikimedia Incubator!
At the right there are some important links, and here are some tips and info:
- If you haven't created a user page yet, please create one with for example Babel templates on it.
- You can select your interface language in your preferences.
- If you make articles, templates or categories, don't forget to add a prefix!
- If your knowledge of English is good, you can help with translating pages to other languages you know, so more people can understand it!
- If you want to translate the interface, please go to Translatewiki.net and follow the instructions.
Acehnese Wikipedia in Jawi script[edit source]
- @Si Gam: I'd be more than happy to help. Is there a standardized orthography for Acehnese in Jawi that we can use? Could you provide me a chart or website illustrating it?DerekWinters (talk) 05:09, 19 May 2015 (UTC)
- Unfortunately, there is no standardized orthography for Acehnese Jawi. Acehnese Jawi is similar with Malay Jawi. For illustration you can read this Acehnese-Dutch dictionary. -- Si Gam (talk) 16:36, 24 May 2015 (UTC)
- @Si Gam: Well no problem then. I will begin implementing a the Jawi script into secondary pages. I'll begin with the home page and I will need you to write it in Jawi. DerekWinters (talk) 15:56, 25 May 2015 (UTC)
- @Si Gam: Ok so instead of the home page, I did w:ace:Bahsa Acèh (w:ace:بهسا اچيه) instead. You just need to help with the templates I made (copied from other wikis) and translate them into Bahsa Aceh and then put one half in Jawoe. w:ace:Seunaleuëk:Jawoë and w:ace:Seunaleuëk:Latèn need to be worked on a little please. I don't know how to say 'read' in Acehnese (I couldn't find it in the dictionary). DerekWinters (talk) 18:24, 25 May 2015 (UTC)
- Thanks a lot. I don't know how to edit. Read article in Acehnese is beuët teunuléh or بووت تونوليه in Jawoë. Could you increase Arabic font in Wikipedia Aceh? -- Si Gam (talk) 00:29, 26 May 2015 (UTC)
- @Si Gam: Thank you very much. Since there is no real standardized orthography nor easy conversion from Laten to Jawoe, what will need to be done is that each Jawoe article will have to be written newly. So, for example, the w:ace:بهسا اچيه article will need to be written entirely. However, it would be really easy to do this by just looking at the Laten article and going word for word, or even adding more if you wish to the Jawoe article. Just be sure to spell each word the same way. Also, is the grammar and spelling correct in w:ace:Seunaleuëk:Jawoë and w:ace:Seunaleuëk:Latèn? DerekWinters (talk) 03:12, 26 May 2015 (UTC)
- OK. We will make effort for this. The grammar is right. Thank you very much. -- Si Gam (talk) 14:14, 26 May 2015 (UTC)
- @Si Gam: I'm very glad I was able to help with this project. Are there any other wikis you would like to implement something like this in? Perhaps the Acehnese wiktionary? Or even perhaps other languages? DerekWinters (talk) 20:55, 26 May 2015 (UTC)
- @Si Gam: Also, I have already created Jawoe pages for w:ace:Bahsa Acèh, w:ace:Bahsa, and w:ace:Acèh (the only ones I could really do). Bahsa seems really easy, so it should be no problem. DerekWinters (talk) 15:54, 27 May 2015 (UTC)
Re: Rejang Script[edit source]
Hello, Derek Winters.
I don't understand Rejang Script. Please add the script as much as you want, and I will learn the script.
Thank you for the offer.
13:25, 2 December 2015 (UTC)