- Help & FAQ
- Manual (to create a wiki)
- Community portal
- Editing help
- Language support
- <translate> Sandbox</translate>
Welcome to Wikimedia Incubator!
At the right there are some important links, and here are some tips and info:
- If you haven't created a user page yet, please create one with for example Babel templates on it.
- You can select your interface language in your preferences.
- If you make articles, templates or categories, don't forget to add a prefix!
- If your knowledge of English is good, you can help with translating pages to other languages you know, so more people can understand them!
- If you want to translate the interface, please go to Translatewiki.net and follow their instructions.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask them on Incubator:Community Portal.
-- Welcoming Bot 22:09, 16 August 2022 (UTC)
Suggestions for Igala[edit source]
Hello. I am from Greek Wikipedia, but I watch nevertheless the developments on your test wikipedia. I see that you do a good job, and you translate articles from English. I would suggest to the community, given that among many others I see many actors, to give emphasis more in things very important to Nigeria, the Igala regions and the world. Those articles can give more pageviews, particularly when it is known that English still dominates in Nigeria, although decreasing, and Yoruba, closely related to Igala, has few pageviews.
You can also contact other Igala Wikipedians and make a user group, to promote Igala together. This can be useful to promote the language on the net, with an emphasis on the vital articles. If you continue on that pace, with the present activity, you can have a good possibility for approval by the end of 2023 (note that I am not member of the langcom, however, one year approximately is a good incubation period for an active wiki). NikosLikomitros (talk) 23:19, 4 May 2023 (UTC)
- Hello NikosLikomitros is good to know that you watch our contributions on incubator and i will also like to appreciate you for reaching out, and your suggestion is really awesome. We are just a community for now this is our meta page trying to put igala language on the internet space, i learnt requesting for a user group is a bit difficult which we have asked questions, i wont mind if you can enlighten me more on how to go about that thank you. AgnesAbah (talk) 10:31, 5 May 2023 (UTC)
- @AgnesAbah I don't know much about it, however I know that you must request WMF affiliation committee in order to get your accreditation (here you can see all the needed information).
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org in order to proceed with this. The suggestion on refocusing on the most vital articles is related with the fact that this give the most pageviews, particularly when English dominates. Thank you for your answer. NikosLikomitros (talk) 11:02, 5 May 2023 (UTC)