ⵎⴰ ⵉⴳⴰⵏ ⵜⴰⵎⵙⴷⵍⵜ ⵏ ⵡⵉⴽⵉⵎⵉⴷⵢⴰ?
- Wikimedia Incubator, founded on 2 June 2006, is a wiki-based website hosted by the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization which also hosts Wikipedia and other projects.
ⵙⵙⵏⵜ ⵡⵉⴽⵉ ⵏⵏⴽ!
- Incubator serves as a platform where anyone can build up a community in a certain language edition of a Wikimedia project (Wikipedia, Wiktionary, Wikibooks, Wikinews, Wikiquote and Wikivoyage) that does not yet have its own subdomain, provided that it is a recognized language. These so-called "test wikis" on Incubator can be used like any other real wiki. When the community desires so, they can request to move to an own subdomain through the requests for new languages process. The decision is made by the Language committee.
- Wikiversity and Wikisource tests are hosted on different wikis: beta.wikiversity.org and wikisource.org respectively.
- Wikimedia Incubator is unique in the sense that it is not a real content project like Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, nor an organizational project like Meta-Wiki, which coordinates the different Wikimedia Foundation projects.
- If you want to know more about the internal working of Incubator, you can read our frequently asked questions at Help:FAQ. Other help is at Help:Contents.
ⵎⴰ ⵉⴳⴰⵏ ⵜⴰⵎⵙⴷⵍⵜ ⵏ ⵡⵉⴽⵉⵎⵉⴷⵢⴰ ⵓⵔ ⵜⵍⵍⵉ?
- Although closed subdomains are often moved back to Incubator so they can re-build a community, Incubator is not a dumping project that hosts abandoned projects.
- Although Incubator is a special project, it should not be regarded as a "behind the scenes" project.