- 1 Letter to potential Brahui Wikipedia editors
- 2 Arabic/Persian alphabet on the main page
- 3 Religions
- 4 Welcome Brahui Wikipedia
- 5 WikiProject Dravidian civilizations
- 6 Situation with the Brahui Wikipedia
- 7 Brahui Wikipedia is a great Opportunity
- 8 Brahui Wikipedia is a great Opportunity
- 9 Brahui Primer
- 10 Handbook of the Birouhi language By Allâh Baksh
Letter to potential Brahui Wikipedia editors
Hello. I am writing to inform you that a Brahui Wikipedia has just been started. Wikipedia is an online encyclopedia that you can edit, and there have been Wikipedias in many languages, such as English, Urdu, Sindhi and Pashto.
We wish for your help in making the Brahui Wikipedia as successful as those. We hope that this will help preserve the unique and special language and culture of the Brahui people.
You can access the Brahui Wikipedia at http://incubator.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wp/brh/Main_Page
Many thanks for your time, and we hope you can help.
Arabic/Persian alphabet on the main page
Do we need the currently displaying Arabic/Persian alphabet on our main page? Or shall it be removed? Can we add it later if we needed it back?
Anyone here to discuss the matter?
- I'm not sure; as I'm not a native Brahui speaker. Since you are a Brahui speaker, you could possibly make a better judgement than me about this. Is Brahui frequently written in Perso-Arabic script? --126.96.36.199 17:35, 28 June 2010 (UTC)
- I have placed a position statement on my userpage about the utilization of Lating script for Brahui language. Please have a look. Regards --Imdadb 21:17, 30 June 2010 (UTC)
- If that is the case, please feel free to remove the Arabic script. I hope that the Brahui Wikipedia can be as successful as others; and the orthography you have devised looks very good. Maybe even, speakers of other Dravidian languages like Tamil can also help since people in South India are very literate in English. --188.8.131.52 17:41, 2 July 2010 (UTC)
I am writing articles about religions. I am trying to remain brief and to the point. I did that for Islam, but for other religions i am not able to decide what shall i give importance to while making precise of long texts. That is why one can find my article about Christianity not complete. I want someone to guide me from a neutral point of view and recommend me information which i shall translate. Anyone can help about any religion.
I can currently include:
- A brief description of the religion
- Basis of its believes (briefly)
- Prayers, traditions, etc
I will be grateful for any help.
--Imdadb 23:42, 3 July 2010 (UTC)
Welcome Brahui Wikipedia
- I appreciate your interest in Bráhuí Wikipedia. I hope you will visit us more frequently and contribute when and where necessary. Regards, --Imdadb 15:44, 17 September 2010 (UTC)
- Salam.To make it normal this wikipedia must have at least 4 regular contributors for 6 months. I will help to make it normal. Apart from it you should also arrange an authority on Brahui language to give you and Wikimedia foundation a certificate that the wikipedia IS in Brahui language.--Khalid Mahmood 20:01, 17 September 2010 (UTC)
WikiProject Dravidian civilizations
Wiki Raja 11:22, 14 October 2007 (UTC)
Situation with the Brahui Wikipedia
As I see this Wiki-project grows up, but it needs some help in it's creation. It has it's own request for creation, 45 messages need to be translated, but Statistic is not well. For creation we need minimum 5 active users in this Wiki (minimum 10 edits per month for 1 person). Please, act! This wiki looks very good, but it needs your help in creation! Please, say, what do you think about i
Brahui Wikipedia is a great Opportunity
Brahui Wikipedia is a great Opportunity for Brahui speekers, writters, students and teachers. beacuse except Brahui Wikipedia there is no any online way to know the acctual alphabetes and literery history of Brahui. so it is a great step for devolopment of Brahui language. at last there is a humbale request that every one is facing deficulties to brows the Brahui Wikipedia on net. beacuse in incubater the opaninf procces is too deficult for new users, and i have been asked several times conserning this problem. Bangulzai
Brahui Wikipedia is a great Opportunity
Brahui Wikipedia is a great Opportunity for Brahui speekers, writters, students and teachers. beacuse except Brahui Wikipedia there is no any online way to know the acctual alphabetes and literery history of Brahui. so it is a great step for devolopment of Brahui language. at last there is a humbale request that every one is facing deficulties to brows the Brahui Wikipedia on net. beacuse in incubater the opaninf procces is too deficult for new users, and i have been asked several times conserning this problem.
- please see and free download Brahui Primer (براھوی قاعدہ) written by Rehma Aziz Chitrali from this link http://www.scribd.com/doc/117817702/Brahui-Primer-%D8%A8%D8%B1%D8%A7%DA%BE%D9%88%DB%8C-%D9%82%D8%A7%D8%B9%D8%AF%DB%81