Edward James Bennell (1939 – January 1991) was a playwright, prose writer, wer boxer.
Noongar Bibbulmun maam. Aboriginal leader, story teller wer playwright.
Eddie Bennell was also a boxer in the 1950's who competed in the Golden Gloves contests. He was the inaugural chair of the National Aboriginal Consultative Committee in the early 1970's. Eddie's literary works include a list of Dreaming Stories in Aboriginal Legends From the Bibulmun Tribe, 1981 wer the play/drama "The Silent Years", 1990.
In 1974 he served as the inaugural chairman of the National Aboriginal Commission, in Canberra.
He died in January 1991 in Coolbellup in Fremantle.
- 1975: Whither the Aborigines and the N.A.C
- 1980: Aboriginal legends from the Bibulmun tribe (translated into Chinese in 1983)
- 1990: The silent years
- Flight of an Eagle
- My Spiritual Dreaming
- Casey, Maryrose (2004). Creating Frames: Contemporary Indigenous Theatre 1967-1990, University of Queensland Press.
- Eddie Bennell. AustLit. Accessed 20 February 2016
- UNLAWFUL ASSAULT. (1950, January 13). The Beverley Times (WA : 1905 - 1977), p. 7. Retrieved February 20, 2016, from http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article201843905
- Works by and about Bennell at Trove