ܣܝܘܡܐ[edit | edit source]
- The following is a work of fiction. Any resemblance to persons living or dead is purely coincidental. Especially you Jenny Beckman. Bitch.
ܗܩܝܢܐ[edit | edit source]
- This is a story of boy meets girl. The boy, Tom Hansen of Margate, New Jersey, grew up believing that he'd never truly be happy until the day he met the one. This belief stemmed from early exposure to sad British pop music and a total mis-reading of the movie 'The Graduate'. The girl, Summer Finn of Shinnecock, Michigan, did not share this belief. Since the disintegration of her parent's marriage she'd only love two things. The first was her long dark hair. The second was how easily she could cut it off and not feel a thing. Tom meets Summer on January 8th. He knows almost immediately she is who he has been searching for. This is a story of boy meets girl, but you should know upfront, this is not a love story.
- Most days of the year are unremarkable. They begin, and they end, with no lasting memories made in between. Most days have no impact on the course of a life. May 23rd was a Wednesday.
ܬܘܡ[edit | edit source]
- People don't realize this, but loneliness is underrated.
- Darling. I don't know how to tell you this, but there's a Chinese family in our bathroom.
- I feel like why make some disposable like a building when you can make something that lasts, like a greeting card.
- You don't want to be named as someone's girlfriend, and now you're someone's wife?
- Either she's an evil, emotionless, miserable human being, or... she's a robot.
ܣܐܡܪ[edit | edit source]
- You weren't wrong, Tom. You were just wrong about me.
- There's no such thing as love. It's a fantasy.
ܡܠܠܐ ܒܘܕܩܝ̈ܐ (ܬܓܪܘܬܐ)[edit | edit source]
- Boy meets girl. Boy falls in love. Girl doesn't.
- This is not a love story. This is a story about love.
ܡܕܪܫ̈ܐ[edit | edit source]
- Tom: She took a giant shit on my face. Literally.
- Alison: Literally?
- Tom: Well, no, not literally. That's disgusting. Jesus, what's wrong with you?
- Tom: Paul, seriously...
- Paul: Did you bang her?
- Tom: No!
- Paul: Blow job?
- Tom: No!
- Paul: Hand job?
- Tom: No, Paul, no jobs. I'm still unemployed. We just kissed.
- Paul: Level with me, man. As your best friend, who put up with you whining about this girl for weeks on end...I mean, you were practically stalking her!
- Tom: Paul! [Summer walks in]
- Summer: Oh, hi.
- Paul: Hi.
- Tom: Summer, Paul. Paul, Summer.
- Paul: If you heard...
- Summer: Heard what?
- Paul: [awkwardly] Well, I gotta go...I gotta do a whole lot of...
- Tom: Yeah, man. [Paul leaves, then quickly ducks back in]
- Paul: Tom? If any jobs come up?
- Tom: Thanks, Paul. [to Summer] He's...an old friend. You wanna go?
- Summer: Yeah, I'm stalking. I mean, I'm starving. [walks away smiling]
- Summer: We've been like Sid and Nancy for months now...
- Tom: Summer, Sid stabbed Nancy...seven times with a kitchen knife. I mean, we've had some disagreements but I hardly think I'm Sid Vicious.
- Summer: No, I'm Sid!
- Tom: Oh, so I'm Nancy?
- Summer:I named my cat after Springsteen.
- Tom: What's his name?
- Summer: ...Bruce.
Tom: [Montage of Summer] I hate her crooked teeth. I hate the way she smacks her lips. I hate her knooby knees. I hate that cockroach shape splotch on her neck. [Fade to black] Tom: [Swayze's She's Like the Wind plays briefly] I HATE THIS SONG! Bus Driver: [Open to Tom standing while bus comes to a sudden stop] Sir, you need to get off the bus.