Wp/tvl/Vikipitia:Help to non-Tuvaluan speakers
Welcome to the Tuvaluan Wikipedia. If you want to help but don't speak Tuvaluan, you can still colaborate there in these ways:
How to colaborate
- You can colaborate creating articles:
- Use other articles of the subject to create similar ones.
- You can help us creating templates;
- and you can colaborate adding images to articles;
This is a list of important words in Tuvaluan, which you can use to create articles:
- Se: singular indefinite article ("a" or "an");
- Te: singular definite article ("the");
- E: present tense verb marker;
- Ne: past tense verb marker or plural indefinite noun marker;
- Ka: future tense verb marker;
- Fenua: country, island or atoll;
- Lalolagi: world, Earth;
- Tala mua: history;
If you know more words, you can help us by adding them. If you saw mistakes, please correct them.
Important grammar notes
- The adjectives are always after the noun.
- There is no verb equivalent to "to be" in Tuvaluan. Sometimes, the present perfect marker "ko" is used, but never before the indefinite article 'se'.
- Normally, verbs are preceded by verb markers indicating tense, case, plurality, etc. When no marker is used, the verb is an imperative command.
- An Introduction to Tuvaluan - Geoffrey W. Jackson;
- Handbook on the language of the Ellice Islands - Donald G. Kennedy;
- Tuvaluan Dictionary - Geoffrey W. Jackson.