Vernice (Vern) is a well repsected Minang Noongar Elder from Albany.
Baal Moort - Her family
Vernices Grandmother was Jubilee wer was born at Mount Margaret in the Kennedy Range. Her Grandfather was Charlie Fennel born at Coral Bay. Vernices parents were Syd Coyne wer Jess Fennel (born wandajee station).Wandajee Station 
Bernice spent several decades as a Case Work Manager at Dept. for Child Protection wer Family Services. She also worked as a peer support worker at Albany Prison. She since has left nidja work wer commenced work as an Aboriginal Learning wer Community Liasion at the WA Museum, is an active member of the West Australian Aboriginal Justice Committee wer chair the Albany Heritage Reference Group.   
- Encounters Project
- Restoration of the cultural heritage sites at Mt Manypeaks.
- Oyster Harbour fish traps project
- Kinjarling trail
- Co-contributor Plants of the Denmark walk trails: Traditional Noongar Names & Uses 
- 2010 Noongar Citizen of the Year in the NAIDOC Excellence Awards
- 2011 NAIDOC Female Noongar Elder Award. 
- Albany Advertiser - April 2nd, 2015: Upgrade of cultural site close to complete. 
- ABC - 7th July, 2010: Retirement no rest for Noongar citizen of the year 
- Albany Advertiser, 2nd June 2015: Oyster Harbour fish traps a link to culture