- Abosomaketew se: nantew ntem ye asem, akyirika nso ye asem.
Meaning: The chameleon says: moving too quickly or too slowly is no guarantee against inevitable.
- Obi akonode ne odompo nsono.
Meaning: Someone's meat is another one's poison.
- Aboa nhohow fam bese hoa, onntew nwe, ono nso a ontew nto fam nanso se nipa retew a na orekeka no.
Meaning: The red tree ants on the colanut tree neither pluck nor eat the fruits but they prevent others from climbing the tree.
- Obi nton nakoko bere kwa.
Meaning: No one sells his hen for no apperent reason.
- Oguanten se oresee ne wura ban ho nso na ne dua ho na oresee no.
Meaning: The sheep who thinks it is defecating to spoil someone's house, does so to spoil its own tail.
- Akoko beatan nan tia ba na enkum ba.
Meaning: Parent's chastisement is for the good of the child, not to spoil him.