Tēriņtš, Warbola! I"m interested in your work. I'm from Latvia, speaking Livonian intermediate level and curious about Livonian Wikipedia project. How well do you speak Livonian and why you are doing that, if I may ask? Best regards, --Roalds* 15:27, 24 January 2010 (UTC)
- Tēriņtš, Roalds! If you are from Latvia then you have access to Lībiešu-latviešu-lībiešu vārdnīca by Ernštreits and many other things that I don't have in America, so I hope you can collaborate. Why am I doing this, hard to say, perhaps because I am tired of playing Mario Kart Wii with my daughter all my free time. Regards, Warbola 01:02, 25 January 2010 (UTC)
- Sure, I have a lot of language materials, as I'm learning Livonian already for 5 years. And I'm also in Livonian community, taking part in all kind of activities and being around native Livonians. I could help to Livonian Wikipedia with my language skills and grammar, but not sure how's useful it could be. I appreciate that it could be a good learning to myself, but still - every Wikipedia project has an aim to be completely ful of articles. Is it possible in Livonian, in internet? I will support you, if I can do smth to you, just wondering... My aim is to have a regular speaking community. If you are interested in Livonian nation, we can talk also outside Wikimedia.
- Why I'm in Wikimedia Foundation? I'm working in another project - Latgalian Wikipedia , another language in Latvia, but different from Livonian. Good luck to you! --Roalds* 09:16, 25 January 2010 (UTC)
Request for Help, please[edit source]
- Could you kindly help me translate this Latvian article into the most unique and lovely Livonian language? please
- Your help would be very Gratefully Appreciated, Thankyou very much. --Jose77 04:30, 28 February 2010 (UTC)
Your text was short enough, so I can do it. That means I respect your interest about Livonian language, not that I endorse or am interested about your religious views. Here is your text translated into Livonian:
- Õigi Jezus Pivākuodā um ikš vabā Pivākuodā, mis pūojtiztõ Pekingõs, Kīnamōl 1917 āigast. Paldīņ sǟl um 2.5 miljon rištingt 48 mōl ja 6 kontinentõs. Mēg lȯȯtkub um ikš Sõvpivād lȯȯtkub, mis pūojtiztõ 20. sadāāigast īrgandõksõs. Ne tōbõd jutlõst evangelijõ amādõn rovstõn jedlõm Jezus tuoist tulmist: Kim pivākuodā usk amā tǟdzizt aža āt:
- Pivā jeņg
- Jalgūd pezzimi
- Jumāl-lōda (Pivā Komūnij)
- Sabat pǟva
- Jezus Kristus
- Tutkām kūodstõpǟva
Warbola 05:01, 28 February 2010 (UTC)
- THANKYOU SO MUCH Mr. Oxyzen for your Outstanding Translation effort!
- I am overwhelmed with gratitude.
- May God Bless you!
- --Jose77 08:42, 28 February 2010 (UTC)
PS. Article about Kurów is already in 332 languages and dialects. If your village/town/city isn't yet on PL wiki, I can do article about it. (I'm first author of requests and this article have the biggest number of interwikis)
- Not interested about trading non-notable articles. If you just wanted to know how "Kurow is a village in Poland", it is
- Kurów um ikš kilā Pūoļmōl.
- As you can see we dont have even article about Poland yet. Warbola 19:50, 31 January 2010 (UTC)
Thank you. I made infobox - Wp/liv/Kurów.
Livonian language sources or textbooks in internet[edit source]
The ones I am aware about:
[] LINDA, vilkatis.lv (Zumbergs, Ernštreits 1999, Boiko 2000)
[] eraksti.lv (Šuvcāne, Ernšteite)
[] Virtual Livonia (Balodis)
[] Livisch_deutsches_und_deutsch_livisches (Sjogren, 1861)
[] vilx.lv (Skarbovskis)
[] livones.lv (LKS)
[] Dundadznieks (Latvian newspaper with Livonian language section by Linda Zonne)
[] Parlons live (Livonian language textbook in French)
Let me know if you know more Warbola 00:35, 13 March 2010 (UTC)
Livonian language templates[edit source]
Tēriņtš! Täsā ma tei līvõ kīel "templates". Kȭlbatõd rīemkõks!  Ja vaņţļõb täsā ka Category:User liv ja Category:Wp/liv/Vikipēdij mallõd !
- one template - mal / many templates - mallõd --Roalds* 12:38, 27 January 2011 (UTC)
- Tienū, Roalds. Thanks for your contributions! Warbola 01:06, 5 February 2011 (UTC)
You are doing a very good job here writing in Livonian.
Can you please create an account in http://translatewiki.net , request translator rights and start translating the MediaWiki interface into this language? It must be done to have this Wikipedia opened.
Let me know if you need any help. --Amir E. Aharoni 09:00, 30 January 2011 (UTC)
- I did. Thanks! Warbola 00:28, 5 February 2011 (UTC)
- Thank you!
- Translatewiki.net is completely enabled now for translations into Livonian. You're welcome to start!
- Here's the direct link to all the translations in Livonian: https://translatewiki.net/wiki/Special:LanguageStats/liv . --Amir E. Aharoni 10:52, 14 February 2011 (UTC)
500 сообщении[edit source]
Осталось 130 не переведенных сообщении. Прошу перевести. http://translatewiki.net/w/i.php?title=Special%3ATranslate&task=untranslated&group=core-0-mostused&language=liv&limit=100 --Kaiyr 12:04, 10 June 2011 (UTC)
- cделано! Livonian wikimedia most used messages are translated Warbola 01:59, 24 July 2011 (UTC)
- Спасибо--Kaiyr 09:08, 24 July 2011 (UTC)