Greetings GnuDoyng[edit source]
I am very pleased to see that the Min Dong test wikipedia is prospering!
Unfortunately I cannot speak Mindong and this is my real wikipedia Username. (I'm Taiwanese) However, I would like to help out as much as I possibly can.
In answer to your questions, I have requested for the Min Dong wikipedia to be created at the Requests for new languages. (It is very unlikely that the wikipedia will oppose such a request).
I also found out that the correct Language code for Mindong is zh-cdo instead of zh-min-dong. (Apologies for my mistake)
My suggestion to you for the meantime would be to focus on content in the Min dong incubator page - that is to say, try and increase the number and quality of Min dong articles (For example, this Zazaki Test-wikipedia has over 300 articles, it would only be a matter of time before that wikipedia becomes a proper wiki).
Once the request for the Min dong Wikipedia domain is approved and created, the content from the incubator page will all be transferred there. The final step of course would then be to request sysop status so that the interface (including the buttons) can be translated.
Concerning the font problem, I have asked User:A-giâu for help and I believe he would gladly help you.
Keep up the good work!
Kind Regards --Min Dong (aka en:User:Jose77 01:02, 1 August 2006 (UTC)
- Thank you Jose!!! Thank you so much!!!--GnuDoyng 06:00, 1 August 2006 (UTC)
Bonsoir! :)[edit source]
Félicitation à la fondation de la Viquipédie de Min Dong!
很高興看到閩東語Wikipedia開始有個雛型了，祝福你最心愛的小寶貝可以成長壯大，讓鄉親們刮目相看！--MilchFlasche 12:45, 1 August 2006 (UTC)
天哪！看這幾天閩東語Wikipedia的成長，你的能量一定蓄積了非常久吧！:o --MilchFlasche 04:30, 4 August 2006 (UTC)
- 哈哈過獎啦。我6月底剛大學畢業，這個月正呆在家，沒蝦米事做，所以每天都能寫上一篇。8號我就要去泉州工作了，到時候，真的不好說我還有沒有這麽多時閒~但只要我閑著，我就來寫。^^--GnuDoyng 04:34, 4 August 2006 (UTC)
- 很令人佩服，每天都有新文章。--Jasonzhuocn...._交流 02:16, 5 August 2006 (UTC)
我覺得，真正要佩服的是為我們爭取到機會的Jose，還有熱心腸的A-giâu。語言文化平等的理念已經深入台灣的人心，從這點上說，中國人還差了一大截。我的任務嘛，就是給這些愚昧的人反洗洗腦瓜子。XD--GnuDoyng 02:59, 5 August 2006 (UTC)
有一個問題問一下，是否攷慮，畢竟覺得這種方式至少看起來速度快起來。說實話我看羅馬字很不習慣，覺得像越南文一樣。而且懂福州話的羅馬字可能數量很少，漢羅形式就當一個過渡吧! ps你的Msn空間怎麽上不了呢？以前去看過，覺得很不錯!鴻雁於飛 10:25, 4 August 2006 (UTC)
- 我真驚訝你竟是泉州人呀！XD 你現在在哪個城市呢？我8號就去泉州上班了，有機會可以出來見個面。--GnuDoyng 15:40, 4 August 2006 (UTC)
- 希望牛兄多加努力。把維基福州話做好!鴻雁於飛 04:42, 5 August 2006 (UTC)
- 閩南語的白話字其實只要想學，並不困難的XD。我在泉州電信工作。--GnuDoyng 04:57, 5 August 2006 (UTC)
Fonts: Lucida Sans Unicode? Charis SIL? Or Arial Unicode MS?[edit source]
In Bàng-uâ-cê, there are some very special letters - "a̤", "e̤", "o̤" and ".u." (the last letter is a combination of "u" and " ̤" actually, but I have to type it this way in Wiki). Amongst these, "a̤", "e̤", "o̤" are displayed alright in many fonts, but not ".u.", because after saving page, Wiki automatically changes the letter into "ṳ", which is a single code recently added into Unicode, and NOT supported by Lucida Sans Unicode.
This automatic changing is a bad idea for Bàng-uâ-cê, because I had to choose another font from Charis SIL and Arial Unicode MS. The former looks good, but our readers have to download it somewhere; the latter is pre-installed on Windows, but personally I find it a little bit ugly... Hmm, really a hard choice.
Hope this problem can be fixed when our Wikipedia turns proper. --GnuDoyng
- As far as I know, single-characters are usually prefered (rather than character+markings). Some languages require people to download extra fonts, so this isn't a new problem. I would let the system automatically convert the characters, and put up a notice on the test's main page listing a couple of fonts which have the characters. w:Code2000 tends to have just about every character imaginable. Dbmag9 10:01, 5 August 2006 (UTC)
I try. But I'm not perfect, I do have dictionary, and I use Hakka test for reference occasionally. That's why I don't write the long articles, I hope someone else shall do that. Already I got an e-mail from a man whose wife wished to contribute. Unfortunately he has not responded so far. --Node ue 22:27, 28 March 2007 (UTC)