Jump to navigation Jump to search
بناں اتے پتے دے[edit source]
(پنجابی وچ التھنا اے۔)
- A friend is a second self.
- A great city is not to be confounded with a populous one.
- A sense is what has the power of receiving into itself the sensible forms of things without the matter, in the way in which a piece of wax takes on the impress of a signet-ring without the iron or gold.
- All paid jobs absorb and degrade the mind.
- All persons ought to endeavor to follow what is right, and not what is established.
- All virtue is summed up in dealing justly.
- Bad men are full of repentance.
- Bashfulness is an ornament to youth, but a reproach to old age.
- Bring your desires down to your present means. Increase them only when your increased means permit.
- Change in all things is sweet.
- Courage is the first of human qualities because it is the quality which guarantees the others.