What kind of wiki is this? -- Dungodung talk 12:32, 18 July 2005 (UTC)
Yeah, I'm very curius about that, too. Err. I just checked with en:ISO 639, and it says aa is the language code for en:Afar language, a language which has 1.5 million speakers, with a literacy rate of between 1 and 3 percent. So the front page may actually have been written by an Afar speaker that can't write (though I doubt that)… Jon Harald Søby 14:26, 21 July 2005 (UTC)
- They do not deserve their own Wikipedia.--Afar god 23:16, 9 August 2005 (UTC)
- Why not? -- Dungodung talk 17:28, 12 August 2005 (UTC)
- Only 1 to 3 % of them are literate.
- I sincerely doubt that there are 15,000 people who write Afar. It is only a spoken language. This wikipedia will never exist as anything but a joke. 184.108.40.206 17:06, 19 February 2006 (UTC)
The main page was lost in the upgrade to MW 1.5 and nobody told a developer about it. I recovered it just now. -- Tim Starling 11:08, 15 August 2005 (UTC)
Have you a map of the internet connexions from Africa ? And on Wikipedia ? Hum, i have a little connexion with DSL (164 kbps down 92 up), and a wikipedia homepage makes averagely 5 to 10 seconds to load... I think Africans have not DSL - or that's a minority -, so... Kwak (discussion) 220.127.116.11 21:39, 1 February 2006 (UTC)
- You should have spoken up against it on m:Requests for new languages. I don't think they get created without approval. At this point, it's been created—no need to whine, just find a native speaker to contribute! Lé C'valyi d'Jade
- And who says that only native speakers are allowed to contribute? We have a flowerishing latin Wikipedia though it is nobody's mother tongue. There should be enough European language enthusiasts with an interest in the Afar language who could help to initiate this Afar Wikipedia; it won't take too many, three or four would be enough for a good start. And once some of the educated Afar people get to know about it, the rest will happen automatically. --Proofreader 09:28, 18 April 2006 (UTC)
- Lé C'valyi d'Jade, i think it's been created when wikipedias for all iso codes's were done. Not due to a request on meta. Platonides talk 14:58, 3 May 2006 (UTC)
Can we create user pages or not???
I ask myself if I can already create user pages in this test or it must wait for the restoration to the project on Wikipedia??
--Anas1712 19:39, 23 October 2009 (UTC)
The Wikimedia Foundation recentlythe official Wikipedia globe. We realize that a lot of projects have never had a localized logo in their native language, so we are making sure that we create logos for every Wikipedia project that we have. The only issue is: we can't figure out what should be on your localized logo. :-)
Could you please provide a translation for the following?
- The Free Encyclopedia