Wikimedia Incubator strategy planning - http://etherpad.wikimedia.org/WikimediaIncubatorStrategy
- Danny B.
TO ALL: Can we perhaps schedule a next little irc meeting, then we should (beforehand preferably) prepare some documents on our goals (e.g. multiple incubators)? What about now Thursday 15 September (19h UTC)? #wikimedia-incubator!
- Fine to me, me pinging as well -- Romaine
- may be, just ping me on irc to remind me ;-) -- DannyB
- fine with me, too -- Milos
- Multiple Incubators? (mul.wikipedia.org?) (Danny B.'s proposal/project)
- TODO: make comparison of pros and cons
- Redirects to incubator & working redirects in both ways (bug 30206)
- Give one or more of us shell access to create wikis
- Or create tool for creating wikis? Wikia has that.
- Robin, may you check that Wikia extension? Angela was creating new wikis ~5 years ago via web interface.
- Will see what is best/easiest
- Coordination between Incubator admins & LangCom & MediaWiki developers
- Propose changes to LangCom policy?
- e.g. allow projects in historical languages? (-> see Wp/grc, Wp/ota)
- There are no simple projects on Incubator and we want to keep it that way. They should start on their "mother" wiki.
- Tools, tools, tools
- WikimediaIncubator extension (etherpad <http://etherpad.wikimedia.org/WikimediaIncubator>)
- Toolserver tools
- On-site gadgets
- How to deal with large projects to be closed when they get inactive? (like Wn/nl)
- archiving XML dump on Incubator (bug ...)
- Thanks to the new policy, I don't think this will be the case anymore
- I have a long list of things we should do, will make a nice list of that and put it online
Meeting (keep chronological!)
- Real-life meeting earlier than hackathon?
- WMF funding?
- Hackathon March-May (?) 2012
- Some presentation/lightning talk at Hackathon (March-May 2012) and/or Chapters meeting (March/April 2012)
- Presentation at Wikimania 2012: old Incubator compared to new Incubator, and how people should start wikis
- Indonesia Conference October 2012
- 13: Initial IRC/etherpad meeting
- 27: IRC/skype/etherpad meeting
- Little meeting Aachen
- Chapters meeting
- Hackathon 2012 (GOAL: final work on strategy)
- Wikimania 2012 (GOAL: present our "strategy" to public)
- Conference in Indonesia (GOAL: create new wikis -- that's also why we need our strategy; "create new wikis" could mean "create them on Incubator, with redirects")