This page is under construction.
Multiple Incubators idea:
Instead of incubator.wikimedia.org (and betaWV and maybe oldWS which should be moved here)
- incubator.wikipedia.org, incubator.wikinews.org, ... or meta.wikipedia.org, meta.wikinews, ...
Each of them would serve as an incubator for new language versions, and optionally as a kind of Meta wiki for that specific project (like BetaWV also is more or less).
-- BELOW: copied from etherpad --
Advantages (Danny_B knows these better, he should complete this list :) + if this proposal fails, benefits might be migrated into the WikimediaIncubator extension [like the 2nd one])
- Less prefix: /wiki/xxx:Page title instead of /wiki/Wx/xxx/Page title
- Interwiki links would work (current system only works with Wikipedia)
- More work to manage multiple wikis
- linking to xxx:Page on BetaWV does not create a link to .../wiki/Xxx:Page but it turns into an interwiki (in the sidebar) no matter if the wiki exists or not -- so I'm not sure your system of separate incubators would work (or am I testing it wrong?) - using Xxx/Page (so still a prefix, but only one) will work - yes, but Danny_B's idea was to "use" the interwiki system to link to test wikis (which would turn into internal links when imported to real wiki)