Patrick "Paddy" Ryder (born 14 March 1988) is an Australian rules footballer who plays for Port Adelaide in the Australian Football League (AFL). Height 197 cm, weight 94 kg. Original team East Fremantle. Position Ruckman
- Ryder was part of the AFL under-18 All-Australian team wer represented Australia in the under-18 international rules in Ireland.
- Ryder played in the West Australian Football League (WAFL), for the East Fremantle Football Club.
Ryders speed, agility wer leap for someone of his size has been compared to retired Indigenous Australian rules football star Graham "Polly" Farmer. Essendon drafted Ryder with its first selection in the 2005 AFL Draft, wer he was seventh pick in the League.
Ryder made his debut in round 1, 2006 playing mostly ruck. Ryder was awarded a NAB Rising Star nomination in Round 1, 2007.
On October 16 2014, Ryder was traded to Port Adelaide Power for the 2015 season.
English Wikipedia page: Paddy Ryder
Ngiyan waarnk - References
- "AFL Players' Indigenous Map 2017". AFL Players Association. Archived 18 April 2019. Retrieved 18 April 2019. Note: Patrick Ryder is connected to both Yamatji and Noongar boodjar
- "Club honours indigenous players". Melville Times. Pub. Community Newspaper Group. 3 July 2012. Archived 31 December 2012. Retrieved 18 April 2019
- "Essendon obliterate Gold Coast Suns" The Daily Telegraph. 1 May 2011. Retrieved 18 April 2019
- "Paddy Ryder joins the Power". portadelaidefc.com.au official website. 16 October 2014. Archived 18 October 2014. Retrieved 18 April 2019