Wp/nys/Koikyennuruff (Stirling Range)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 'Yongah Mia' is the first mountain in Koikyennuruff. Yongah means man, wer Mia is the Dowak (Throw stick). Remarkably, from the air, the mountain clearly looks like a dowak. Read the story of What and Watami from the page on the Porongurups.
- Boola Miyel (Bluff Knoll) is the highest mountain in WA at 1,099 metres above sea level.
Ngiyan waarnk - References
- Mr. Dale's Journal of an Expedition from King George's Sound to the Koikyennuruff Range of Mountains. WIKISOURCE. Retrieved 2 January 2018
- [https://www.ecu.edu.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0004/694543/Our-Place-Newsletter_Makuru13-Edition.pdf Nyoongar Story Time Kalkanap (Kalgan) Bilya - Kalgan River]. Our Place, Edith Cowan Uni. Retrieved 2 January 2018
- Stirling Range National Park. Parks and Wildlife Service, Government of WA. Retrieved 2 January 2018