Badart is lizard in English.
Local lizards you might see in your back yard are:
- Western Bearded Dragon (Pogona minor)
- Bobtail or Shingleback Skink (Tiliqua rugosa)
- Western Blue-tongue (Tiliqua occipitalis)
- Burton’s Legless Lizard (Lialis burtonis)
- Common Dwarf Skink (Menetia greyii) - Link to image of Common Dwarf Skink
- Common Garden Skink - not endemic to Perth
- Binoe’s Prickly Gecko (Heteronotia binoei) - not endemic to Perth
N.B. The scientific name is in brackets. 'not endemic to Perth' means they are late arrivals and may not have a Noongar name. The original image for this page was of a Western Bearded Dragon, but a sub species (Pogona minor minima) only found on the Houtman Abrolhos islands.
Ngiyan waarnk[edit | edit source]
- ↑ "Reptile Friendly Garden". Perth Zoo. Retrieved 11 February 2019