- Adwene te se ngo, se eda a, wonan no.
meaning: The mind behaves like solidified,cold fat; heat melts it.
- Abodwe a kekaw te mu no, se nnya mu tenabea
meaning: A rotten tooth will eventually fall out of an aching jaw
- Se anantu ye kese sen sere a na yare na ewo mu.
meaning: If the calf is bigger than the tigh, then there is some sickness in it.
- Nsa a ennye adwuma no nnidi.
meaning: The hand that does not work does not eat.
- Se eti nteww a ennyae kyew soa.
meaning: If the head has not fallen off the neck, it does not stop carrying the hat.
- Ese ne tekrema mpo tumi ko.
meaning: The Teeth and the tongue do fight at times.