Welcome to the Wikimedia Incubator! At the right there are some important links, and here are some tips and info:
- If you haven't created a user page yet, please create one with for example babel templates on it.
- You can select your interface language in your preferences.
- If you make articles, templates or categories, don't forget to add a prefix!
- If your knowledge of English is good, you can help with translating pages to other language you know, so more people can understand it!
- If you want to translate the interface, please go to Betawiki, create an account and follow the instructions you will see.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask it on my talk page.
Greetings, Mardetanha 19:48, 11 September 2008 (UTC)
Hello, fellow Ϝikipedian! I took the liberty to add your username to your talk-page contributions here, because 1) it's important for everyone in such a wiki-project to be credited for his work (articles, ideas, organization, promotion of the project), and 2) when it's about a dialogue, it's important for every newcomer here to be able to discern who says what in order to follow the argumentation. By the way, congratulations for your actions concerning the community draft; even I began to believe that there is a good chance for a change! Omnipaedista 13:08, 9 October 2008 (UTC)
- Thanks. Crazymadlover
Redesigning main page of Wikipedia Ancient Greek[edit source]
- Well done!, thanks alot!. Crazymadlover
|The Redirect Barnstar|
|Crazymadlover is hereby awarded with a Redirect Barnstar by me, Omnipaedista, for tirelessly making necessary --but tedious for most users-- page redirects in Ancient Greek Wikipedia and Coptic Wikisource test-projects. |
Your work is truly appreciated. --Omnipaedista 08:55, 21 January 2009 (UTC)
Please, don't interwikify articles in Incubator ; why ? because it is useless and it wastes time and bytes. All articles – almost – here are stubs or even substubs ; for example, Λεωνίδιον was 410 B, with some (specific) iwis ; you gave it 1 KB more ! We don't need to store (on those poor hard disks) articles which are only iwis ! Why it is useless to interwikify ? because no bot lurks here ; there will be no updating in the future ; languages here are very rare, without native speakers ; with only some specific iwis, chosen for their utility : languages that are related to the test-language, one can link e. g. to the English article, and there, have an updated list of links. How I choose those specific languages ? According to the country the language is spoken, the related languages (linguistic reasons, History…) ; e. g. Tsakonian :
- Linguistic reasons:
- Ελληνικά, because it's a Hellenic language, a Doric one ;
- română, because there are some Romanian languages near the Tsakonian land ;
- History :
- Türkçe, because all of them had strong links with this region
- Thanks :
- English, because it's Uncle Sam's & MediaWiki language, with numerous articles and links.
Budelberger 00:58, 26 January 2009 (UTC) ().
Localization of interface[edit source]
I think that it is overoptimistic of you to expect the 2 permanent users of Wn/el test page to translate all remnant Mediawiki messages and extensions. There is a big community of Greek Wikipedia users, admins, sysops , bureaucrats and so on who can help the community to that ....Why only us? And why is it a condition to approve our test project? --Glavkos Talk 22:02, 23 December 2010 (UTC)
Grc incubator project[edit source]
Dear Crazymadlover, I see that you have been a contributor to the Wp/grc incubator project. There is currently an ongoing proposal to move the grc project from the incubator to it's own wikipedia, so you are welcomed to participate and express your thoughts. Best regards. Gts-tg (talk) 12:06, 14 March 2016 (UTC)